Possible AIO issue?

BTGbullseye

So, I have an Eiswolf 240 AIO on my 5700XT, and a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120 AIO on my 5800X. One of them is gurgling, but I'm not positive which. (could even be both)

Here's the issue I found...

3KAE0CM.png

Before the test began, I tilted my entire system backwards by 45°, guaranteeing that the rad and tubes would be above the pump for my 5700XT. The spike in temps occurred the moment I returned it to flat, the gurgling returned immediately, and the GPU temps remain slightly more volatile than they were before, despite staying in similar temp ranges. (109°c - 111°c hotspot, mid 60's regular temps)

The problem is, that when tilted the CPU got up into the 80's with no load, (rear mounted AIO rad, so the pump and block were top of the loop) then settled down tempwise when flat. I can't leave it tilted or the CPU will cook, and I can't leave it flat forever or the GPU will eventually melt. This probably wouldn't be an issue if I had a larger case with better AIO mounting locations, but this is what I had, and it made sense when I got it. (the stock 5700XT really did NEED the sound dampening that's in this case, before I got the AIO)

What do you think, do I just need to find a way to refill my AIOs or what?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

45 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

So, I have an Eiswolf 240 AIO on my 5700XT, and a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120 AIO on my 5800X. One of them is gurgling, but I'm not positive which. (could even be both)

Here's the issue I found...

3KAE0CM.png

Before the test began, I tilted my entire system backwards by 45°, guaranteeing that the rad and tubes would be above the pump for my 5700XT. The spike in temps occurred the moment I returned it to flat, the gurgling returned immediately, and the GPU temps remain slightly more volatile than they were before, despite staying in similar temp ranges. (109°c - 111°c hotspot, mid 60's regular temps)

The problem is, that when tilted the CPU got up into the 80's with no load, (rear mounted AIO rad, so the pump and block were top of the loop) then settled down tempwise when flat. I can't leave it tilted or the CPU will cook, and I can't leave it flat forever or the GPU will eventually melt. This probably wouldn't be an issue if I had a larger case with better AIO mounting locations, but this is what I had, and it made sense when I got it. (the stock 5700XT really did NEED the sound dampening that's in this case, before I got the AIO)

Yes refilling should help

It's quite easy on Eiswolf and Eisbaer (got one of each too), Eiswolf are refillable through the rad and Eisbaer are through the block

But personally I added a VPP pump and a reservoir so that refilling is not an issue anymore

Edit : forget about the eisbaer as you have an Arctic AIO... 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Yeah just top it up. It happens to all AIOs, it’s called permeation.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14