Budget build - how is it?

rickastley126

I’ve made a list for a pc that I want to run Minecraft with shaders at 60 fps… my current system only manages 20 on low settings. This is $450, and I’m going to be using an rx 570 4gb from 2017. This is the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vQppMb

anything you would change?

(also when I upgrade to a 3060, will this pc be able to run some other games/develop games?)

thanks in advance! 

Shaders are gpu intensive so performance isn't going to improve much without a better gpu. What shaders and settings are you using?

A 3060 would work fine for game development or gaming. 

What are your current specs? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5600 should handle a 3060 easy. I would think about a WD Blue SN570, they may be a better bang for the buck.

Be mindful of board manufacturer QVL with Ryzen, RAM stability issues can be a problem with RAM that's not listed. You might want to think about a smidge more wattage too, my 3060ti rig pulls 450W running moderately hard, but then again, I also have a 5900X that is jokingly rated 105W (I hear on PBO they pull more like 150-200W)

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, rickastley126 said:

I’ve made a list for a pc that I want to run Minecraft with shaders at 60 fps… my current system only manages 20 on low settings. This is $450, and I’m going to be using an rx 570 4gb from 2017. This is the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vQppMb

anything you would change?

(also when I upgrade to a 3060, will this pc be able to run some other games/develop games?)

thanks in advance! 

Everything looks fine, but you may want to consider at least an 80+ Bronze PSU. I would recommend this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3Hwkcf/corsair-cxf-550-w-80-bronze-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020216-na

The 650W model would be very much worth it too, but the 550W should be able to handle a RTX 3060 well enough. If you ever want to upgrade the cpu though, definitely the 650W model.

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

I'd change the motherboard and PSU to something better.

An RTX 3060 would do well in this setup, but imo it's priced too expensive as you could get a 6700 XT for almost the same price.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ GameStop) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: MSI MAG VAMPIRIC 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($48.00) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $471.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-30 03:47 EDT-0400

On 10/30/2022 at 1:31 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Shaders are gpu intensive so performance isn't going to improve much without a better gpu. What shaders and settings are you using?

A 3060 would work fine for game development or gaming. 

What are your current specs? 

I have a r5 1400, 1 tb hdd, 8 gigs 2200 mhz ddr3, and the rx 570 all from 2017.

I want this build because I don’t want to go sticking a 3060 in a old dell prebuilt.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:48 AM, Pixelfie said:

I'd change the motherboard and PSU to something better.

An RTX 3060 would do well in this setup, but imo it's priced too expensive as you could get a 6700 XT for almost the same price.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ GameStop) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: MSI MAG VAMPIRIC 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($48.00) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $471.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-30 03:47 EDT-0400

What’s a better psu option? Also I need WiFi on my motherboard, and that’s the only b550 in that range with WiFi. Yeah, I know a 6700 Xt would be better, but I heard nvidia cards were good for creators - is that true?

2 minutes ago, rickastley126 said:

What’s a better psu option?

A Phanteks Amp 650w is waaaayyy better than that EVGA W1. Only $10 more.

5 minutes ago, rickastley126 said:

Also I need WiFi on my motherboard, and that’s the only b550 in that range with WiFi.

If you need Wifi then that seems like the best board for a low price. Just know that you shouldn't be expecting to do any high overclocking, and it's not great for high end CPUs if you plan on upgrading it.

6 minutes ago, rickastley126 said:

Yeah, I know a 6700 Xt would be better, but I heard nvidia cards were good for creators - is that true?

Depends. For video editing or any kind of rendering, yeah, but if it's just streaming/recording no.

59 minutes ago, rickastley126 said:

I have a r5 1400, 1 tb hdd, 8 gigs 2200 mhz ddr3, and the rx 570 all from 2017.

I want this build because I don’t want to go sticking a 3060 in a old dell prebuilt.

Is it me or anyone else noticed that its ddr3 with a ryzen?

6 hours ago, bal723 said:

Is it me or anyone else noticed that its ddr3 with a ryzen?

Yeah ryzen likes fast memory right?

12 hours ago, rickastley126 said:

Yeah ryzen likes fast memory right?

yessssss, plus they love overclocking atleast by 0.1 ghz