Do I have enough PCIe ports for everything?

HungryHamster
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Yes, you have 8 total, 2 for CPU and 6 free for the cable. 

7 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

The PSU is supposed to come with a 16-pin PCIe cable, but the one they sent me appears to only take up only 2 of those PCIe ports.

That's because 2 ports are enough, CableMod is just trying to be EXTRA safe. 

I want to get the "CableMod RT-Series Pro ModFlex Sleeved 12VHPWR Cable Kit for ASUS and Seasonic" for my ASUS ROG Strix 4090 and ASUS Thor P2 1000w PSU. This cable kit comes with an option for the 12VHPWR cable and the people at Cablemod recommended "the 4x 8 Pin to 16 Pin if you have enough available PCIe ports."

Will I have enough? I don't know what all gets plugged into those. Here is the back of the PSU:

h732

Here is the official specs:

https://rog.asus.com/power-supply-units/rog-thor/rog-thor-1000p2-gaming-model/spec/

Here is my parts list to help determine what other things might be using up those ports:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JDRTqm

The PSU is supposed to come with a 16-pin PCIe cable, but the one they sent me appears to only take up only 2 of those PCIe ports.

7 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

3 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

OK, great. Thanks for the info. I like the idea of being extra safe... especially with this graphics card.