I just bougth Dell optiplex 7010 sff motherboard, do you know if i can use in atx case?

Hi guys.

I dont have anything of this sff pc, just the motherboard with i5 cpu and ram. 

I did read a lot about swap case but in this model is some complicate and i would to know if somebody has information related, i can make soldering and other electronic stuff but not have expertice with this kind of models. 

i tried to connect like any standar pc but not power on, just the fans tried but not working, i made the bridge on power 5pin. 

If you have some link let me know comments. 

thanks!

On 10/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, klon22 said:

Hi guys.

I dont have anything of this sff pc, just the motherboard with i5 cpu and ram. 

I did read a lot about swap case but in this model is some complicate and i would to know if somebody has information related, i can make soldering and other electronic stuff but not have expertice with this kind of models. 

i tried to connect like any standar pc but not power on, just the fans tried but not working, i made the bridge on power 5pin. 

If you have some link let me know comments. 

thanks!

the 7010 sff has a proprietary motherboard that can't fit into a normal system

11 hours ago, person123456789 said:

the 7010 sff has a proprietary motherboard that can't fit into a normal system

This motherboard has atx 24pin and 4 pin standart connectors. 
May be the problem is with power pin, front panel, intruder connector, etc.

Ther are people who can do this swap: 

May be i need to get / buy some connector for testing. 

i ll search too for diagram schematic or manual service.

57 minutes ago, klon22 said:

This motherboard has atx 24pin and 4 pin standart connectors. 
May be the problem is with power pin, front panel, intruder connector, etc.

Ther are people who can do this swap: 

May be i need to get / buy some connector for testing. 

i ll search too for diagram schematic or manual service.

the processes if you cant find a pin out would be to use a multimeter. then you might need diy mb mount holes and a gpu mount... imo just get an atx mb... and use the ram, cpu, and gpu.

some of them did sell adapters but finding them could be a pain.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

26 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the processes if you cant find a pin out would be to use a multimeter. then you might need diy mb mount holes and a gpu mount... imo just get an atx mb... and use the ram, cpu, and gpu.

some of them did sell adapters but finding them could be a pain.

SFF Holes match with standard atx case and the heat sink is not problem too.

Yes i can use the multimeter but i dont know the pinout connectors, i found the mobo diagram schematic in vinafix com for paying option. May be ill pay for it later if not easy to find one solution. 

I have 2 options rigth now: 

1.- Get the original case with cable and connectors.

2.- Get the mobo diagram schematic for search for the pin out of connectors and bypass: intruder switch, internal speaker, front panel & usb. 

ill continue searching for more information.

Im a technical guy so i have not problem searching for a solution.  🙂 

Thank you guys!!
Have a nice day!

24 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

The front panel and power button connectors have been reverse-engineered for that motherboard.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.34d0415f7e3ad85c56cfc39d42ff77a8.png

image.png.b3def2782e1d693499427f7d24ec9563.png

https://www.dell.com/community/Optiplex-Desktops/Q-Connector-Kompatibel/td-p/7802653

Hope that helps!

I did read that information, but the model is 7010 MT (Mini Tower) and may be is different to 7010 SFF model.  i need to test carefully for to be completly sure. 

I ll search on ebay  to know compatible models connetors. 

Really apreciate, thanks!  

Thank you guys for help.

I think this motherboard is in short circuit, i ll explain:

I made power button with leds according to the diagram you shared (attached photo), and the diagnostic led is flashing and not stopping.

When connect the atx psu to electric wall plug the mother board activates inmediately trying to boot moving fans but stop soon, this happen when a short ciruit is detected and psu turn off itself.

i found a coil inductor next to atx connector with short circuit to GND, this coils inductors normally is installed on positive voltage, but i need the schematic diagram for to be complete sure. 

Ill write in other category for you can share your expertice with this dell mother boards repairing. 

Hace a nice day!.

Psd. I did think the swap case was difficult for the comments i ve read but i deed is really conventional, Only Do it yourself the power button with leds and you can use wire for front panel IO and USB connectors, standard difficulty i said. 

flashing led_diagnostic.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Update of this topic:

Yes. its possible use a Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF without case or generic case: swap case.

For test out of case you will need: Cpu, Ram, atx generic psu, both fans: cpu fan and case fan (if you dont use case fan you ll no able to start up the Mb). 
On screen you will promt with an alert about failure on power cable, fornt panel and fan case (if you use a generic 4 pin), just bypass press F1 key, now you can install Hdd or sdd with OS (win10). 

Screws is compatible and pci-e slot match correctly with a generic case or wherever you have.

Im updating this thread if somebody needs help with this model and swap case.   

image.png