Questions about fresh installing

Go to solution Solved by Thomas4,

What are component(s) are you upgrading? As long as you're not replacing the motherboard itself there will be no driver conflicts as Windows will take care of most hardware by itself. You'll simply have to run an update or go to the manufacturers to install the latest drivers. 

If your replacing the computer itself your documents, pictures, videos music there will be no problem.

The desktop, unless you're talking about the background picture, don't try, as there are too many necessary files in too many place to get them all.

I'm going to be upgrading my computer soon, and I had a question. I know I have to clean install so there's no driver conflicts, but I was wondering if it would be okay to copy all my data (Desktop, Documents, pictures, videos, music) to one of my extra harddrives, clean install, then move all that stuff back on to the OS drive after the clean install? 

Also, my Windows is digitally tied to my account, I don't have to get a new key right? Just sign in after the fresh install and it should be good, right?

What are component(s) are you upgrading? As long as you're not replacing the motherboard itself there will be no driver conflicts as Windows will take care of most hardware by itself. You'll simply have to run an update or go to the manufacturers to install the latest drivers. 

If your replacing the computer itself your documents, pictures, videos music there will be no problem.

The desktop, unless you're talking about the background picture, don't try, as there are too many necessary files in too many place to get them all.

29 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Oh, right, sorry. I am replacing the CPU, Motherboard and RAM. 

As for Desktop, I wasn't going to mess with icons, just folders I have on my desktop. 

OK, if its just folders those aren't a problem either, just drag and drop them in Window File Manager.