Bought A Damaged i9 12900k on Ebay

I will start off saying I have been building computers since I was 17 years old and I'm 32 now. I was thinking about making the jump from my i9 9900kf to an i9 12900k. I was looking for deals like everyone else. And looked to Ebay for a deal. And when my processor showed up, absolute horror when I flipped over the clear plastic case in the gold medallion. The processor was scratched! Like telling a ghost story around a campfire of computer enthusiasts, I know. I reached out to the seller and they had this to say. I'm sure they are just a scammer Ebay store and this is one of there automated responses. But, I hope you guys are smarter than me to look to Ebay for deals on delicate PC parts. I spent $488, I just hope Ebay gets my money back. Be careful looking for deals.

gytusa sent you a message about your request:

Hello, I did not send this processor in that conditions. It was heavily damaged during the installation or other movement. In addition, I package very carefully in the original package. I know accidents happen, but I don't agree that this is my fault in this case

Screenshot_20221022-165108_eBay.jpg

IMG_20221022_162553.jpg

IMG_20221022_162453.jpg

I'll ask did you take photos before opening the package or as you opened it? If you did, you have solid evidence. 

I understand you predicament but you need to make a solid case to ebay and explain every detail if you hope to get your refund.

Ebay scammers exist in plentiful. You just have to be as diligent as possible but sometimes you still lose. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I took pictures as I opened it. I learned from the past as well. And a update, they agreed to do a return after arguing with them. And I agree, there are so many scammers. I wander if they take Intel's discarded pile of processors and sell them? And thank you for the reply and advice.