After switching out Motherboard, no signal on display but no other problems

ASROCK A520M

5800X

RX550

32GB ram

TLDR - No signal on monitor after new motherboard install

After installing a new motherboard for my new 5800X, My displays no longer get a signal from the computer.. All fans/rgb work normally except on GPU, which the fans arent running. No error light on the motherboard, power LED on the GPU Is OK and I have tried different ports on the gpu... Any help? Thank you all!

Do you have the old CPU to hand ? Try install it on the MB and see if it gives a display.

Looking at the MB spec it only supports 5800x on bios version P1.10 and up. Could be the bios isn't updated enough on it.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

5 minutes ago, solado said:

Do you have the old CPU to hand ? Try install it on the MB and see if it gives a display.

Looking at the MB spec it only supports 5800x on bios version P1.10 and up. Could be the bios isn't updated enough on it.

I would assume the updated bios to support 5000 series would be already on it seeing its a recently purchased board. Either way I'd need to reinstall the old cpu and check for both...

Just now, therealjaro said:

I would assume the updated bios to support 5000 series would be already on it seeing its a recently purchased board. Either way I'd need to reinstall the old cpu and check for both...

Not always, the boards can be sat in a warehouse for quite some time.

It's the first thing that comes to mind.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

i would try re-seating all of the components and power cables, make sure the power cables are all tight, and all of them connected(main 24, 8 pin eps, pci cables, ect). also try one stick of ram at a time.

the gpu fans not spinning might not mean anything, the card may just have zero rpm mode at low temps/idle.

2 minutes ago, solado said:

Not always, the boards can be sat in a warehouse for quite some time.

It's the first thing that comes to mind.

You are right, I will reseat the ram and try with one stick, than do this to see

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

i would try re-seating all of the components and power cables, make sure the power cables are all tight, and all of them connected(main 24, 8 pin eps, pci cables, ect). also try one stick of ram at a time.

the gpu fans not spinning might not mean anything, the card may just have zero rpm mode at low temps/idle.

"the gpu fans not spinning might not mean anything, the card may just have zero rpm mode at low temps/idle"

I figured, this is true for my main computer... Just thought maybe helpful

13 minutes ago, solado said:

I wrote down Bios Version before, It was at 1.2.. So that cant be the issue

2 minutes ago, therealjaro said:

"the gpu fans not spinning might not mean anything, the card may just have zero rpm mode at low temps/idle"

I figured, this is true for my main computer... Just thought maybe helpful

Check if your other fans are running even the damn psu fan just incase the board just dont wanna turn on

6 minutes ago, therealjaro said:

I wrote down Bios Version before, It was at 1.2.. So that cant be the issue

So this motherboard is brand new and the CPU is brand new ? If the board is new if you don't mind me asking how did you write down the bios version ?

2 minutes ago, solado said:

So this motherboard is brand new and the CPU is brand new ? If the board is new if you don't mind me asking how did you write down the bios version ?

installed original CPU first

installed original CPU first

And it worked with the original CPU ?

1 minute ago, solado said:

And it worked with the original CPU ?

Im very sorry.. Im doing this for a friend who isnt as experienced. He has told me that he made the mistake of reading the bios version of his old Mobo and mistaking it for the new one. This is definitely the issue And I can help him update his bios to a compatible version with his 5800x. Sorry again, thanks for the help!

Im very sorry.. Im doing this for a friend who isnt as experienced. He has told me that he made the mistake of reading the bios version of his old Mobo and mistaking it for the new one. This is definitely the issue And I can help him update his bios to a compatible version with his 5800x. Sorry again, thanks for the help!

You're welcome. All the best.