Questions about win11 versions: is this accurate?

Bombastinator

Apologies for general discussion.  It’s software but it’s not games.  I couldn’t figure out where to put it.  If it belongs somewhere else please feel free to stick it there. 

So I found a site that claims these are the windows11 versions produced, but I am worried it’s for 10 and not 11 (or the other way around?) and they just copied and pasted it and it’s not actually current.  According to one graph what I think I want is education N (follows EU rules) thought there is also an education pro N? (Is this 10 or 11?) But there is no discussion of what that actually is, except that it is somehow more complete.  There is apparently an enterprise GS as well but there is no description of what that is.  Or perhaps I have that backwards and that stuff is for 10 not 11.  Any light to be shed on any of this? 

https://liliputing.com/differences-between-windows-11-home-pro-enterprise-and-education/

was looking for the article with the n and education pro stuff but I seem to have lost it

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Education is the licence type, no? You get cheaper Windows due to being a student. I don't think it is it's own edition of Windows like Pro or Enterprise. Never used Education so I cant be sure though?

As for Pro vs Home though, it's pretty much just a question if you want bitlocker or not. Unless you want more than x amount of RAM (Home only supports 128 gigs). Enterprise.. I don't think thats even available for consumers, I believe they only sell those licenses at bulk to companies.

Here's something that may help you more.

comparison chart of different editions of windows

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-11-pro-vs-n-vs-home-differences

21 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Education is the licence type, no? You get cheaper Windows due to being a student. I don't think it is it's own edition of Windows like Pro or Enterprise. Never used Education so I cant be sure though?

As for Pro vs Home though, it's pretty much just a question if you want bitlocker or not. Unless you want more than x amount of RAM (Home only supports 128 gigs). Enterprise.. I don't think thats even available for consumers, I believe they only sell those licenses at bulk to companies.

Here's something that may help you more.

comparison chart of different editions of windows

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-11-pro-vs-n-vs-home-differences

That does seem to be an argument against N.  It’s nice when things work correctly.  I was hoping to get away from being redirected to the edge ad splash screen for everything.  I’m single seat non commercial and it seems I can get an educational license so I see little reason not to.  Education is some riff on enterprise though which also adds something called app locker I am totally unfamiliar with. I may have no use for it. I suspect other stuff is included though.  Weird.  There was another post on this but it seems to be gone.  I wonder if it was an ignore being turned on.  I don’t know how that works here.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That does seem to be an argument against N.  It’s nice when things work correctly.  I was hoping to get away from being redirected to the edge ad splash screen for everything.  I’m single seat non commercial and it seems I can get an educational license so I see little reason not to.  Education is some riff on enterprise though which also adds something called app locker I am totally unfamiliar with. I may have no use for it. I suspect other stuff is included though.  Weird.  There was another post on this but it seems to be gone.  I wonder if it was an ignore being turned on.  I don’t know how that works here.  

By all means if you can get a Education licence go for it, I think you need something that verifies that you're infact a student though. Didn't Android have something that let you set PIN code or something to apps of the users choosing, maybe app locker is something like that.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Apologies for general discussion.  It’s software but it’s not games.  I couldn’t figure out where to put it.  If it belongs somewhere else please feel free to stick it there. 

You have been here long enough that this sounds more like excuse over anything else... Moved to Windows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You have been here long enough that this sounds more like excuse over anything else... Moved to Windows.

Didn’t see a windows thing but that works.  The whole thing struck me as odd, but that makes sense.  I must have just not seen it.  None the less thankyou

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

By all means if you can get a Education licence go for it, I think you need something that verifies that you're infact a student though. Didn't Android have something that let you set PIN code or something to apps of the users choosing, maybe app locker is something like that.

I’m sure the internet knows.  It’s good for things like that.  I’ll look it up.