What version of AMD driver's should I install

Akita
Go to solution Solved by BiotechBen,
Just now, Akita said:

I do like to mess around in blender a bit which is why it worried me

You'll be fine. If you were going SOLIDWORKS or with like Siemens science I'd say pro drivers.

but if it's just blender, the gaming drivers are optimized for that as well seeing as blender is a frequently used benchmark.

Recently got my first graphics card, an XFX RX 5500 XT went to install the driver's & they offer 2 diff versions adrenaline and pro. They say one is for gaming and one is for creators. I'm an artist and a gamer so I do both 

pretty heavily & I'm not really sure which driver to download. Does it really make a difference in performance or is the difference negligible? If it does matter which should I download or what is the difference between the two?

3 minutes ago, Akita said:

Recently got my first graphics card, an XFX RX 5500 XT went to install the driver's & they offer 2 diff versions adrenaline and pro. They say one is for gaming and one is for creators. I'm an artist and a gamer so I do both 

pretty heavily & I'm not really sure which driver to download. Does it really make a difference in performance or is the difference negligible? If it does matter which should I download or what is the difference between the two?

The pro drivers are certified drivers for professional workloads like 3d rendering and scientific workloads, the "gaming" driver is more optimized for gaming performance. Unless you are doing scientific modelling or renders, the gaming is fine.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The pro drivers are certified drivers for professional workloads like 3d rendering and scientific workloads, the "gaming" driver is more optimized for gaming performance. Unless you are doing scientific modelling or renders, the gaming is fine.

Just now, Akita said:

You'll be fine. If you were going SOLIDWORKS or with like Siemens science I'd say pro drivers.

but if it's just blender, the gaming drivers are optimized for that as well seeing as blender is a frequently used benchmark.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

oh nice! thanks!

2 minutes ago, Akita said:

If you're messing around and it's not a critical application you need for work, go for the adrenaline drivers.

There are instances of the Pro drivers offering significantly less performance and in some cases games refusing to launch with them. I'd also expect there to be less frequent updates for the Pro drivers as they have additional validation that needs to be done on them, though I doubt much of that is done on the gaming RX cards anyway.