Consistent FPS Drops every 7 seconds in every game i play in Fullscreen

Hello everyone:) 

First of all, please excuse me, if my grammar is not the yellow from the egg, english is not my native language:D

Specs of my system:

Ryzen 5 3600X no OC
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10GB no OC
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM
MSI X-570 A-Pro MB
Latest Drivers for GPU and Chipset

and here's a userbenchmark score:

UserBenchmarks: Game 192%, Desk 96%, Work 182%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - 91.5%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 213.9%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 120GB - 79.2%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 116.1%
SSD: Samsung 980 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 243.2%
HDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB - 69.6%
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 87.4%
MBD: MSI X570-A PRO (MS-7C37)

I believe it's since i upgraded my system from a 2060 to an ASUS Strix 3080 i get consistent frame drops in every game that i play in fullscreen every 7 seconds.

and when i say every 7 second i mean i can literally count to seven and it will drop...that can't be normal.

I'm going to upload a screenshot from AC Valhalla, that pretty much shows my drops in that little graph.

I get those drops in every game, if it's Cyberpunk or Superhot, so it can't be graphics alone.

As soon as i set every game to windowed borderless mode, the drops are completely gone

but not every game has that option for example AC Black Flag.

I tried troubleshooting the problem several times, heres a list what i tried so far.

Disable Windows Fullscreen Optimization
Changed windows high DPI Settings
Disabled all the Windows gaming functions
Closed MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner in the Background
Tweaked a few settings in the Nvidia Control Panel like threaded optimization and tripple buffering
Set the refresh rate from my Monitor to 60Hz
Enable/disable V-Sync in game and in the Control Panel

I probably tried even more, but i lost track....

I ran out of ideas where this problem might be coming from and before i reset my system i wanted to ask you guys.

Just tell me if i forgot to mention something.

2b97baf7-20a0-4155-ac8b-fb86afc70ec1.jpg

It drops again and again every seven seconds or just once? Graph looks like again and again, which rules out heat.  Maybe a buffer dump or something?  I notice 1 of your SSDs is barely faster than your HDD.  SSDs even sata ones, should be vastly faster than a HDD

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It does drop again and again.

the game in the screenshot is installed on my M.2 SSD but regardless of where the game is installed, the drops ar there...

What do you mean with buffer dump? 

37 minutes ago, LeeCoin said:

It does drop again and again.

the game in the screenshot is installed on my M.2 SSD but regardless of where the game is installed, the drops ar there...

What do you mean with buffer dump? 

Some buffer or other is filling up every seven seconds or so maybe, and either the buffer filling up, or the manner of its emptying might be causing the hitch. It seems to be doing it pretty consistently, so it could be something like a frame buffer somewhere. I don’t know that that is what is actually happening though, for an analogy, maybe a bit like one of those glass dipping birds. What might be filling up I don’t know though.  The other thing I notice is weird is that SSD seems strangely slow.  That might be another avenue to explore.

what I mean by glass dipping birds

Spoiler

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Some buffer or other is filling up every seven seconds or so maybe, and either the buffer filling up, or the manner of its emptying might be causing the hitch. It seems to be doing it pretty consistently, so it could be something like a frame buffer somewhere. I don’t know that that is what is actually happening though, for an analogy, maybe a bit like one of those glass dipping birds. What might be filling up I don’t know though.  The other thing I notice is weird is that SSD seems strangely slow.  That might be another avenue to explore.

Do you have an idea where and how i could display or check that buffer issue? i do have RTSS to display my hardware but never noticed something strange.

The slow SSD is the one with my OS, that might be why it was slow in the test, but i'll check if there's something wrong anyway:)

4 hours ago, LeeCoin said:

Do you have an idea where and how i could display or check that buffer issue? i do have RTSS to display my hardware but never noticed something strange.

The slow SSD is the one with my OS, that might be why it was slow in the test, but i'll check if there's something wrong anyway:)

No.  partially because I don’t even know for sure it is even happening at all let alone where it might be.  The only clue seems to be that one of the SSDs is slow.  Some SSDs use one, so the move for that one would be disable the driver for that drive, or even just pull it if that’s easier, and see if the problem goes away.  Might do nothing.  Could be a huge PITA to even arrange for because it could be the boot drive.  Chkdsk on it probably wouldn’t hurt though. If it’s the boot drive you’d have to go into winRE to do it though.