New phone and why I didn't get the m8

Ryan_Stein

First of all i didn't attack you , i'm discussing and debating with you. Second i didn't accuse you of being cheap i sayd you cheaped out , learn english please. Third the M8 is a better phone you failed at choosing the better option , it may be a little harsh but i did not attack you , if you feel attacked/offended it's your fault not mine.

look, YOU, "you-used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing." ssob you Think the phone is a better option and it very well may be FOR YOU. but for ME Ryan Stein ME. The m7 was the BEST option. you don't seem to understand how opinions work. see with an opinion you can think the m8 is a better phone, and I can KNOW that the m7 was better for ME. So, I'll say this. you may not have meant to attack me, or meant it in a offensive way. But, I'm not gonna have you tell me I made a bad decision cause YOU think the M8 is a better phone. 

"I have the perfect cure for a sore throat, cut it" - alfred hitchcock

First of all i didn't attack you , i'm discussing and debating with you. Second i didn't accuse you of being cheap i sayd you cheaped out , learn english please. Third the M8 is a better phone you failed at choosing the better option , it may be a little harsh but i did not attack you , if you feel attacked/offended it's your fault not mine.

Choosing the right option is a matter of preference and circumstances. In your opinion he chose the wrong option, but you can't definitively say that he "chose the wrong option." Saving $100 and taking a slight compromise is a justified option. Not saying he's poor, but saying maybe he was willing to take the previous gen model in wake of the $100 savings. The comparison between the M7 and M8 is like comparing the S4 and S5. Honestly there isn't too much difference in the grand scheme of things. Processor is slightly stronger, however there are very few apps that actually take advantage of this small power spike. Battery life is slightly better apparently... as a power user I don't see any difference, I end up charging my m8 everyday, as I did with the m7. Screen is slightly bigger, that's a positive or negative depending who you are. On screen keys instead of physical.... I actually liked the physical buttons, so +1 to the m7 on that. BOOM speakers are louder on the m8 yes, and the tap to wake thing is awesome, sorry m7. 

So honestly. I got the m8 because I work for Rogers, and I get upgrades like running water. The M7 isn't much different... To the OP, I say enjoy your damn purchase because you're honestly not missing out on very much. Take the $100 savings and do something worthwhile with it. Ignore the idiots who think the M8 is so much more supreme, because it's not. 

Sounds like your friends has some shite M8 its the best phone I've ever used in all aspects and that was coming from a Nexus 4 which in a way 1-up's the M7.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

look, YOU, "you-used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing." ssob you Think the phone is a better option and it very well may be FOR YOU. but for ME Ryan Stein ME. The m7 was the BEST option. you don't seem to understand how opinions work. see with an opinion you can think the m8 is a better phone, and I can KNOW that the m7 was better for ME. So, I'll say this. you may not have meant to attack me, or meant it in a offensive way. But, I'm not gonna have you tell me I made a bad decision cause YOU think the M8 is a better phone. 

OMG you finally understand me, this is what i was saying the whole time but you said the M7 was better than the M8. Maybe the M7 is better for you but it's not a better phone. This is why i was suggesting the whole time that you did go with the m8, because I think it is far superior. 

Interested in Business and Technology

Double tap to turn on is a life saver. I had it on my LG G2 and will have it on my HTC M8 when it comes in Friday.

EDIT: After reading the rest of this, I agree that the OP made a justifiable decision. I wouldn't have done the same (and obviously didn't) but by no means is it irrational or out of the question. M8 > M7 but it's not really a complete game changer.

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

10 reasons why you should have gotten the M8 instead of the M7

1- The M7 won't have be updated as long as the M8. Therefore it'll feel a lot older faster around this time next year

2- On that point, newer versions of Android that are coming might not run as smoothly on older hardware

3- The M7 is going to be updated to Sense 6 soon, so if you have a problem with it (which there's not much of a difference) then you'll have it worse on the M7

4- The battery life is significantly better on the M8, you can get two days of use out of it with light use.

5- The button placement is plain weird on the M7, while the M8 has a standard Android button setup

6- The MicroSD card on the M8 makes it a lot more flexible, where you can have a card full of music and videos

7- The M8 has a bigger screen which is great for video watching

8- $100 more is barely a drop in the bucket compared to the $2000+ you'll spend over a contract, you might as well get a phone that'll last

9- The knock to turn on is dead useful given the power button is so badly placed

10- The Duo Camera is fun to play around with

1. Yes, but ROMS

2. I think they made KitKat specifically with that in mind, using less RAM etc

3. Idk

4. M7 too with light use, easily

5. True, however they still haven't removed the bar with the logo on it, and you get used to the buttons in like a day

6. Depends on user, most probably don't need that much space

7. Offset by the bar+onscreen buttons.

8. It still is saving some money ;)

9. You will get used to it

10. For a handful of times, otherwise it really isn't so interesting

I prefer the M8 aesthetically, but only have real world experience with the M7.

Hardware improvements are so minor it's not even funny, the M7 might just slow down with the M8, rather than before it. With that said, it barely matters having picked one phone over the other. It came to aesthetics and price since a quad core is rarely put to full use. Even my Nexus 4 still handles everything fine.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.