I Scammed Customers in PC Building Simulator 2! (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG

Thanks to Epic Games for sponsoring - PC Building Simulator 2 is out now on Epic Games Store: https://store.epicgames.com/p/pc-building-simulator-2

Linus vs Dennis wasn't exactly fair, so this time Jake is going to see if he can do a better job than Linus when it comes to virtually building computers in the new and improved PC Building Simulator 2.

Buy an MSI MEG Z690 Godlike: https://geni.us/SRBis

Buy a GeForce RTX 3090 Ti: https://geni.us/MbvFsyz

Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 970: https://geni.us/TUqGmrV

Buy an IceGiant ProSiphon Elite: https://geni.us/tAOYQ

Buy some Thermal Grizzly Thermal Paste: https://geni.us/957keD

Buy a HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Case: https://geni.us/ibmfZ56

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

This reminded me I have PC building simulator in Epic games, man I got over 200 games on Epic games but I have played only 1 

Scumbag devs took Epic Games money and spat in the face of the Steam community that supported them on the first PC Build Sim.

2 hours ago, Tony1337 said:

Scumbag devs took Epic Games money and spat in the face of the Steam community that supported them on the first PC Build Sim.

What devs? PC building Sim 2 has different development studio. As far as I know the original PC Building Sim developers have nothing to do with the sequel released by Epic. Epic Games bought the PC building Sim developer & publisher's parent company back in 2021. PC Building Sim is now owned and published by Epic.

2018 PC building Sim released developed and published by The irregular corporation

2020 The irregular corporation bought by Tonic games group

2021 Tonic games group bought by Epic 

2022 PC Building Sim 2 released developed by Spiral House and published by Epic

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Gotta say I love how they obviously played pretty much zero of the first game, seeing how they somehow kept praising only all that stuff that was already in the original game, lol.

I mean, part 2 looks great. Lot more polish, lot more to do - but OCCT, bluescreens, loop building, keeping the changed parts, mousepads and other peripherals, selling PCs for profit, overclocking, fan direction and lots more... all in the original. 😛
Obviously there's going to be additional stuff. I'm already loving the store decor thing. Moving into a bigger office and decorating it from this pseudo-Ikea-cataloge, with the most ridculous item names was pointless and oh so fun. 

However I have to say I'm not convinced that stuff like q-tip cleaning the CPU/GPU will add anything beyond the wow-factor. Knowing how much shit you had to juggle in the first game, once more jobs rolled in, having to do that as well, could be a chore that breaks the game for me. I'll find out once the game hits Steam.

Also: Linus, if you want the GPU to go in the main PCIe slot, move the mouse more to the right edge of the case. Then it won't register in those stupid upright mounts. 

I'm already 4 hours in, and I can't stop!

7QCm.gif

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

What devs? PC building Sim 2 has different development studio. As far as I know the original PC Building Sim developers have nothing to do with the sequel released by Epic. Epic Games bought the PC building Sim developer & publisher's parent company back in 2021. PC Building Sim is now owned and published by Epic.

2018 PC building Sim released developed and published by The irregular corporation

2020 The irregular corporation bought by Tonic games group

2021 Tonic games group bought by Epic 

2022 PC Building Sim 2 released developed by Spiral House and published by Epic

People who still want to be salty about Epic in 2022 are going to find a way.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 hours ago, SeanLMG said:

Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 970: https://geni.us/TUqGmrV

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but...
1) Is that a jab at the game for having it as an objective:

Spoiler

image.png.d032b51fc0c947d2bb7534e298f247a2.png

2) Some kind of omage to EVGA.

3) An oversight.

4) Just a joke for forum members.

Or something else I didn't think of,

because that GPU was released 8 years ago 😆.

4 hours ago, GodAtum said:

What headset was Linus using and is it any good?

Looks like Logitech PRO X Gaming

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/logitech/g-pro-x-gaming-headset

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

4 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but...
1) Is that a jab at the game for having it as an objective:

Hide contents

image.png.d032b51fc0c947d2bb7534e298f247a2.png

2) Some kind of omage to EVGA.

3) An oversight.

4) Just a joke for forum members.

Or something else I didn't think of,

because that GPU was released 8 years ago 😆.

Looks like Logitech PRO X Gaming

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/logitech/g-pro-x-gaming-headset

So the first game started you out with really basic components, and you very super slowly worked your way up to like gtx 1050 ti's, 1660s, and etc. Whereas this game uses the current date (of release maybe?) and it pretty much accelerates what the first game did, but quite fast actually.

Spoiler

I remember level 5 in the first game got you barely anything. I'm at level 8 in this one, and I already can buy ryzen 3000 series cpu's and gtx 1070's. I would say it's more about paying homage to the first game than anything.

Do note that the EVGA announcement was... maybe a week or 2 ago, right? They had already pretty much finished this game by then, so it definitely wasn't an oversight.

2 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

Do note that the EVGA announcement was... maybe a week or 2 ago, right? They had already pretty much finished this game by then, so it definitely wasn't an oversight.

I meant oversight by LTT not by the dame devs/publishers.

image.png.93af1b49d191cfaa8878ce795d1f4161.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

"Exclusive"

>epic

Oh no.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

The overclocking in this game is really bad,

CPU Overclocking - Doesn't matter how much voltage you pump your 12900K with it will be unstable above stock speeds

RAM Overclocking - Too easy, no sub-timings.

GPU Overclocking - It's all over the place, GPU boosting behavior is like how it was in the old days and is nothing like modern boost technologies...

And it's vital for GPU overclocking because with NVIDIA's  GPU Boost the lower the temperature the higher the clock speed and it just doesn't exist in the game.

Anyway i had fun overclocking in the game, even if it is nothing like the real deal,

My 3DMark Time Spy score!:

image.thumb.png.7f7fa816058f9b6052432f52fbf2d893.png

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

12 hours ago, Biohazard777 said:

I meant oversight by LTT not by the dame devs/publishers.

image.png.93af1b49d191cfaa8878ce795d1f4161.png

Not sure. Maybe because the video featured it and they want to get more clicks from the data on the description? *shrugs* Looks like a fun throw in on the description though. Hey, you can still get it used. 😄