Will any DDR5 work on AM5

Go to solution Solved by Proud Cipher,
5 minutes ago, Dub7030 said:

Will any DDR5 memory work on AM5 or do you have to use certain AMD memory? I know G Skill has there neo memory but i want the higher memory speeds.

According to a quick google search, the AM5 platform will only accept DDR5. Beyond that, there are no specific requirements regarding RAM. Ryzen chips tend to rely on fast memory so I'd just focus on finding the fastest ram with the tightest timings as will fit within your budget.

Will any DDR5 memory work on AM5 or do you have to use certain AMD memory? I know G Skill has there neo memory but i want the higher memory speeds.

There is no such thing as "certain AMD memory" (not even the AMD-branded sticks that existed for a while).

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I know that, im just wandering if im only limited to the memory that supports expo

5 minutes ago, Dub7030 said:

According to a quick google search, the AM5 platform will only accept DDR5. Beyond that, there are no specific requirements regarding RAM. Ryzen chips tend to rely on fast memory so I'd just focus on finding the fastest ram with the tightest timings as will fit within your budget.

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!