How do you automatically transfer photos from an android phone to windows?

Sirgeorge

I can't actually find a lot of information on this, but I have a need to transfer photos, on a frequent basis, from my android phone to my windows computer. How do I set arbitrary conditions for what photos to capture (capture all photos taken after this date, before this date, etc.) and either automatically, or with a key combo, or a cli input, have those photos pulled from my phone to my computer. Doing this wirelessly would be a nice extra. Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, Sirgeorge said:

I can't actually find a lot of information on this, but I have a need to transfer photos, on a frequent basis, from my android phone to my windows computer. How do I set arbitrary conditions for what photos to capture (capture all photos taken after this date, before this date, etc.) and either automatically, or with a key combo, or a cli input, have those photos pulled from my phone to my computer. Doing this wirelessly would be a nice extra. Thanks for any help.

Google photos does this already, if you set the phone to backup to Google, photos are accessible from the computer through Google photos. If the situation you are talking about would be from phone to server, that's a different story. For that: I would say a VPN with the server as the target for backups would be probably your best bet.

Edit: "good photos" to "Google photos" 

Google definitely got the context right for that. 1000% correct word, what I typed was definitely wrong.

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Good photos does this already, if you set the phone to backup to Google, photos are accessible from the computer through Google photos. If the situation you are talking about would be from phone to server, that's a different story. For that: I would say a VPN with the server as the target for backups would be probably your best bet.

Phone to server may be a real life situation in the future. As for now, I'll take a look at your solution and come back to you. Beyond that, I just realized that github may have another answer to this problem and I'll pop over there to see if it does.

34 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Good photos does this already, if you set the phone to backup to Google, photos are accessible from the computer through Google photos. If the situation you are talking about would be from phone to server, that's a different story. For that: I would say a VPN with the server as the target for backups would be probably your best bet.

I was so confused for a little bit, you may want to change your first instance of "google photos" from "good photos" to "google photos"

24 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

I was so confused for a little bit, you may want to change your first instance of "google photos" from "good photos" to "google photos"

And that is one of the downsides of Google. *Facepalm*

7 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

And that is one of the downsides of Google. *Facepalm*

lol, don't worry it happens to the best of uu. 😉

5 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

lol, don't worry it happens to the best of uu. 😉

Still fighting it on the use of were and we're. And she'll and shell. And bitrate and nitrate. And a few others I can't remember