Asus X99 Deluxe Q-Code 53

Hello all,

I've finally spent the money to get the RAM I wanted-- Corsair Dominator DDR4-- for an Asus X99 motherboard with an i7-5930k CPU. My only sticks of DDR4. I have it hooked up to a Corsair RM750X and everything seems to power on-- even the RAM lights up.

The PC components come to life but the system itself won't display anything (tried with several GPUs) and gives me Q-Code Error 53. I've looked this up and it has something to do with memory, but I've tried every DIMM slot and even no RAM at all, and it still gives me this error.

I've also tried resetting the CMOS, pressing the MemOK button, taking the CMOS battery out, replacing it, reseating the CPU, and checking that all the pin connectors were in the PSU and the motherboard headers. I'm still getting this error!

Any ideas are appreciated.

I may have to be the bringer of bad news, you may have killed your x99 board. No matter what i threw at it (x99 MSI Gaming ACK 7) it kept giving me error codes after a failed reboot. Yay Older boards having major issues after years of use 😞 

Things to potentially try, you got prety much two options, Get a different ram kit, like a 8 GB kit or something, or borrow some from a friend if they have any spares, and try booting with that. Make sure you Clear cmos before trying a new memory kit every time. 

Other then that, make sure all drives, SSD and HDDS, are unplugged, and just keep the GPU installed. Pretty much you are gonna be trying for BIOS Boot sim. Every time it fails to boot with the kit, Reset cmos and try a new slot, let it sit for 5 minutes. If it fails to boot every time in every memory slot with both kits, yeah its probably busted and you will have to take it to a technician who can do a full troubleshoot with all the spare parts he could need.

26 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If it fails to boot every time in every memory slot with both kits, yeah its probably busted and you will have to take it to a technician who can do a full troubleshoot with all the spare parts he could need.

Though a last ditch method would be take out the cmos battery, clear cmos for 2 minutes, and hold down powerbutton for 2 minutes with board completely unplugged from everything, this will fully discharge the board and allow you to literally rinse/dunk in water (no soap/detergent) to clean any dust that may be causing the issue. Leave to dry for 2-4 days depending on how hot the weather gets

If it doesnt get revived from that then yep its fked