Re-routing usb-c

Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

in theory - possible.

in practisce - you have pretty much a zero chance of getting this to work, if you cant design and manufacture a purpose-made PCB (flatflex presumably for space reasons) with the suitable circuitry on board, essentially hijacking the USB-C port, and running it trough your own logic.

think the 'strange parts iphone with custom headphone jack' project, but the required circuitry isnt immediately obvious and a lot more sensitive because we're talking about USB 3.0 and DP.

in other words, all the chance you may have to make it work will cost you more in engineering and prototyping than a new laptop with the appropriate connector.

EDIT: USB 4.20/blazeit gen6x9 dopespeed. because f*ck usb naming convention that's why.

Probably a stupid question but could I do some soldering to create a gpu out through the usb-c on my acer nitro 5 AN515-55, it currently doesn't have thunderbolt and im wondering if there's a hood way to create it. 😂

in theory - possible.

in practisce - you have pretty much a zero chance of getting this to work, if you cant design and manufacture a purpose-made PCB (flatflex presumably for space reasons) with the suitable circuitry on board, essentially hijacking the USB-C port, and running it trough your own logic.

think the 'strange parts iphone with custom headphone jack' project, but the required circuitry isnt immediately obvious and a lot more sensitive because we're talking about USB 3.0 and DP.

in other words, all the chance you may have to make it work will cost you more in engineering and prototyping than a new laptop with the appropriate connector.

EDIT: USB 4.20/blazeit gen6x9 dopespeed. because f*ck usb naming convention that's why.

Just now, manikyath said:

in theory - possible.

cheers ahaha, i was getting my hopes up a bit lmao