I’m confused

Beadekskie
Go to solution Solved by Beadekskie,

Hello everyone! I’ve actually come up to the solution!

Thank you all for responding, advices, and attention. I’m sorry for bothering too much questions- I was so nervous about it- almost panicking. But luckily I asked someone and they asked me to switch it up to the GPU HDMI plug and now it’s working perfectly fine~

Again, I’m really sorry for the disturbance I did and really thankful to those who reached me out! Godspeed to everyone ❤️

I’m pretty hesitant on what does my pc problem is but I have a clue that it might be the loose monitor power cable, because whenever I turn on the CPU it completely works but as soon as I open it my monitor shows its brand, “low power mode” then suddenly turns off as in its light is turning red from white. And whenever I unplug the HDMI cable it says that “no signal or device” which means my monitor is completely fine, and even the headset, keyboard, mouse are working fine even the cpu it even does a sound of windows opening but the display is still off/black and its power light is color red. I’m just getting nervous about it and worrying if it might be another problem or what. Can someone assist me what is happening on my pc? Thanks a lot

On the surface, it sounds like your video card is flaking out, but something else could be causing that. So if you can post the specs of your hardware, that will go a long way in helping to ferret out the problem.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

> Moved to Troubleshooting. Please don't post the same topic multiple times.

You will need to provide more information, such as the hardware specifications of your system and whether or not this is a new build that is experiencing this issue or a system that previously worked.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

> Moved to Troubleshooting. Please don't post the same topic multiple times.

You will need to provide more information, such as the hardware specifications of your system and whether or not this is a new build that is experiencing this issue or a system that previously worked.

Thank you and sorry for that, I’ve provided my specifications now

9 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

On the surface, it sounds like your video card is flaking out, but something else could be causing that. So if you can post the specs of your hardware, that will go a long way in helping to ferret out the problem.

I’ve posted/updated my specifications now thank you

Can someone tell me if my specifications are showing? I’ve edited it and I’m not seeing it under mine. Pls help I’m a newbie. Thanks a lot

12 minutes ago, Beadekskie said:

Can someone tell me if my specifications are showing? I’ve edited it and I’m not seeing it under mine. Pls help I’m a newbie. Thanks a lot

It does show in your profile!

4 minutes ago, Denniz said:

It does show in your profile!

Thank u so much!!

43 minutes ago, Beadekskie said:

I’m pretty hesitant on what does my pc problem is but I have a clue that it might be the loose monitor power cable, because whenever I turn on the CPU it completely works but as soon as I open it my monitor shows its brand, “low power mode” then suddenly turns off as in its light is turning red from white. And whenever I unplug the HDMI cable it says that “no signal or device” which means my monitor is completely fine, and even the headset, keyboard, mouse are working fine even the cpu it even does a sound of windows opening but the display is still off/black and its power light is color red. I’m just getting nervous about it and worrying if it might be another problem or what. Can someone assist me what is happening on my pc? Thanks a lot

Can you try using any other monitor and see what happens ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I have a theory here...

What jumps out at me here is A320 board, 3000-series Ryzen, RX6400 GPU. I've seen situations before where 3000-series support updates on at least some A320 boards required stripping PCIe device support, which caused problems with GPUs and such. Not saying that's your problem, but it seems likely. I've also read elsewhere in this forum that the RX6400 performs poorly even on PCIe3 and really needs PCIe4 to work well, which I'm not sure an A320 board supports. So it sounds like you could have two problems here, one of which will be an issue even if you can get it to work.

I can't get an H61 board to boot with a GTX1650, I presume for similar reasons (card needs PCIe3 and board is PCIe1). PCIe is supposed to be backward compatible, but I think may not apply to all situations. The RX6400 certainly seems proof of that.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I have a theory here...

What jumps out at me here is A320 board, 3000-series Ryzen, RX6400 GPU. I've seen situations before where 3000-series support updates on at least some A320 boards required stripping PCIe device support, which caused problems with GPUs and such. Not saying that's your problem, but it seems likely. I've also read elsewhere in this forum that the RX6400 performs poorly even on PCIe3 and really needs PCIe4 to work well, which I'm not sure an A320 board supports. So it sounds like you could have two problems here, one of which will be an issue even if you can get it to work.

I can't get an H61 board to boot with a GTX1650, I presume for similar reasons (card needs PCIe3 and board is PCIe1). PCIe is supposed to be backward compatible, but I think may not apply to all situations. The RX6400 certainly seems proof of that.

I really appreciate it a lot!! Thank you for the useful informations, I’ll take it and learn from it. I actually opened it , just switched the HDMI plug to the GPU HDMI plug ;-; thank u so much for responding 

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Can you try using any other monitor and see what happens ?

Tysm for the advice!!! I actually opened it earlier! And I just switched the HDMI plug to the GPU HDMI plug!! Thanksss🫶🏻

Hello everyone! I’ve actually come up to the solution!

Thank you all for responding, advices, and attention. I’m sorry for bothering too much questions- I was so nervous about it- almost panicking. But luckily I asked someone and they asked me to switch it up to the GPU HDMI plug and now it’s working perfectly fine~

Again, I’m really sorry for the disturbance I did and really thankful to those who reached me out! Godspeed to everyone ❤️