Cooling Water Tube w/ AC

Saeber

I am putting a camper van build together.  I'm building a gaming pc into a cabinet with a glass panel to show the RGB.  The PC is water cooled.  I have two ideas:

1.  I was thinking of running my water tubing into the ac duct (reverse radiator if you will) for a bit before returning it to the reservoir.   

2.  I want to send an air duct to the underside of my bottom radiator so that cold air will blow up through the case.  There will not be a pc case, just a wooden cabinet with a glass panel.  The underside of the bottom radiator will be open to a chamber beneath it where the vent will empty into.

I'm concerned about condensation as it relates to each of these ideas.  Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Saeber said:

I am putting a camper van build together.  I'm building a gaming pc into a cabinet with a glass panel to show the RGB.  The PC is water cooled.  I have two ideas:

1.  I was thinking of running my water tubing into the ac duct (reverse radiator if you will) for a bit before returning it to the reservoir.   

2.  I want to send an air duct to the underside of my bottom radiator so that cold air will blow up through the case.  

I'm concerned about condensation as it relates to each of these ideas.  Any thoughts?

Watercooling a PC that will be subject to hours and hours of vibrations seems like a risky idea.

5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Watercooling a PC that will be subject to hours and hours of vibrations seems like a risky idea.

One problem at a time.  Since you mentioned it though, I'm thinking of designing a motion absorption system in the cabinet (motherboard attached to a sheet in turn attached to 2 vertical rails that slide up and down so motherboard is stationary and rails absorb the energy).  Also, the PC will be off while in motion.

28 minutes ago, Saeber said:

One problem at a time.  Since you mentioned it though, I'm thinking of designing a motion absorption system in the cabinet (motherboard attached to a sheet in turn attached to 2 vertical rails that slide up and down so motherboard is stationary and rails absorb the energy).  Also, the PC will be off while in motion.

Do you plan on inspections every time you turn it on? Personally, I would go air cooling. If you want cold, just pump the ac into the pc cabinet. 

Also, I'd nix the rail system. Vibrations are not only vertical. Go bungee at minimum. 

just ac the rad and keep the rad away from the pc

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

21 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

just ac the rad and keep the rad away from the pc

Not a bad idea.  But what about condensation?

22 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Do you plan on inspections every time you turn it on? Personally, I would go air cooling. If you want cold, just pump the ac into the pc cabinet. 

Also, I'd nix the rail system. Vibrations are not only vertical. Go bungee at minimum. 

Yeah, I'm still kicking around the ideas.  Perhaps I could attach motherboard to back plate and have a spring on each corner of the backplate so it will stay relatively still.

4 hours ago, Saeber said:

Not a bad idea.  But what about condensation?

i dont no anything about ac and condensation so i cant help there. i no it a difference  in temp be tween the 2.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont no anything about ac and condensation so i cant help there. i no it a difference  in temp be tween the 2.

The simple explanation... If your cooler/forced air is lower than surrounding ambient air, you get condensation. 

8 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

The simple explanation... If your cooler/forced air is lower than surrounding ambient air, you get condensation. 

i no people ac there pc but is that only short turn? i guess it make sense to just ac the room then? long turm it be probly cheaper to just use more rads for lower temps.

Edited by thrasher_565