What's your favorite or preferred documentation tool?

Rhok

What's everyone's favorite documentation tool to use in there personal or professional lives? 

Personally I primarily use OneNote because of the ease of use and that I can see all my notes on my phone. With the only down side being that there's no native linux app but i can access it online. 

Heh, I thought you were talking about a tool for creating documentation, rather than a note taking tool.

Guess I'm mostly using the OneNote plugin in Teams, since it works "anywhere". There's nothing that particularly stands out to me though, I'd be fine with anything that syncs online. I find the formatting I could do in OneNote mostly an annoyance when copy & pasting, I'd prefer something that can do text and only text.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

11 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Heh, I thought you were talking about a tool for creating documentation, rather than a note taking tool.

Well I was, but that doesn't mean a note taking tool can't be used as one. I'll be it, a simple and rough tool for documentation. But if it work, it works.

11 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I find the formatting I could do in OneNote mostly an annoyance when copy & pasting, I'd prefer something that can do text and only text.

I don't disagree with you that the formatting can be a little weird. It's surely something to get used to.

You can switch the setting in OneNote to only paste text with no formatting. I personally merge the formatting

image.png.e8a82e8e2fa051f51a0264c2ece833b3.png

image.png.949d26546bac31c001aaffe471c4f781.png