I pre-bought a 1300w PSU for ryzen 7000 / nvidia 4000 and now I'm hearing about melting cables ='( think will mine be enough?

orate.cl

I'm scared man =(, I bought a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G+

This is the stuff:

image.png.4f8c9ea4429c8311eb36d84c56333f10.png

Should do more research before worrying about something and posting. its the 12VHPWR Cable and its only under full 650W+ loads for extended periods of time after being severely bent (dont torque your cables like that ever, itss just dumb.). Theres 2-3 Big downsides i can see from these cables so far is the extremely low connect/disconnect count of 30 times before having to replace the cable and or connector. That seems really sketchy to me and shows that this was implemented without much thought into actually making these cables durable. The other problem is that some people will just pigtail connections instead of just using one cable per adapter slot, usually requiring 3 cables. That can also cause the melting cables.

It's not the power supply, it's the adapter cable that can cause problems under certain circumstances like if you're bending the wires too much, if you're pulling them tight for cable management, if you plug them in and out lots of times.

Plus the whole point of the report was to say they were aware of the issue and looking into solving it.  If they figure out which specific adapter it is, I'd expect there to be a replacement programme if they are already in the retail boxes, or maybe they will be replaced before the cards are even shipped.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

47 minutes ago, orate.cl said:

I bought a EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G+

A mid range PSU with ACRF topology is not what you want with the upcoming hardware. The only PSUs to choose are the units mentioned in Tier A.

1 hour ago, Shimejii said:

Should do more research before worrying about something and posting. its the 12VHPWR Cable and its only under full 650W+ loads for extended periods of time after being severely bent (dont torque your cables like that ever, itss just dumb.). Theres 2-3 Big downsides i can see from these cables so far is the extremely low connect/disconnect count of 30 times before having to replace the cable and or connector. That seems really sketchy to me and shows that this was implemented without much thought into actually making these cables durable. The other problem is that some people will just pigtail connections instead of just using one cable per adapter slot, usually requiring 3 cables. That can also cause the melting cables.

I find PSU specs extremely confusing, so you saying that if use 1 cable for each of the adapter slot and I take precautions to not bend the cable much,  I should be fine?

54 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

A mid range PSU with ACRF topology is not what you want with the upcoming hardware. The only PSUs to choose are the units mentioned in Tier A.

Dude, its a pain in the ass to get good PSUs here where I live ='(, are you sure I cannot use this one?

I got corsair HX1500i hope that will be enough. I am forecasting a psu shortage nearing. I am bit confused on, should I configure something so that there won't be any issue. There are lot of configuration in icue software from what I heard. Till now psu I used are just plug and play, no config, other than pc from 1995 that had 120/240v selector. 

4 hours ago, Shimejii said:

30 should be plenty. The standard 8 pin (according to the molex website) is only rated for 75. Just don't be a gorilla with them and they should last well past their minimum rated duty cycle.