Using a portable router at my school without getting caught?

BHuff04

My school is annoying and doesn't offer any WiFi for students even though we have a million different networks for staff and faculty members. The main issue is that there is literally NO SERVICE in the area. Even doing something as simple as sending a text is impossible...

The good news is that I found this RAV File Hub portable router that can extend the school networks signal when I plug the hub into one of the network ports inside classrooms. Before covid, I would use it all the time and it worked great. The issue is, the "IT" guy found the network and saw that I had 50 plus people connected to it and was able to somehow track it down and confiscate it. I got it back right before covid hit thankfully, but I don't want to get caught with it again. School has started back up and I really want to bring in my macbook in so I can finish developing an app I'm working on right now, but I'm not tryna get suspended for something stupid like this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to hide the network or prevent me from being tracked? 

My RAV file hub has an app that allows me to change settings such as the SSID, Mode, Security, Channel, etc, so I'm thinking there's maybe some settings I may be able to configure that may help. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Pretty sure that would be against the rules of the forum. Second any IT guy worth his salt, his going to see a rouge device on his network. Even then a simple scanner on a cell phone could locate it.  Sorry it's transmitting, it can be found.

Even if you don't broadcast an SSID, it's not going to be difficult to find if your school's IT staff are even remotely competent. (A sudden influx of WAN traffic coming from multiple clients connected to one edge switch port will be a dead giveaway.)

If you're allowed to have your Macbook, make a local copy of your project so you don't have to rely on a cloud copy. 

We're not going to help you sidestep your school's network security policies.  Work on your project after school.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Thread locked. As per the forum rules

Discussion on engaging in hacking or cracking is not allowed, including:

• Bypassing security features, restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring), including on your own device.

It seems you have already been caught once, and aware that if you do it again there will be consequences. If the network access is an issue speak to your teachers and IT department about how you can access their network legitimately with their permission.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450