CPU Temp 95C+ in Cinebench

MaxChertin

Hey all, I ran Cinebench multi core test for my i7-12700KF, and the chip hit 97C in some parts. is that ok? I think thats too hot, also I didnt finish the test it was 6 minutes in when I stopped it.
I have a 360mm aio, (Corsair H150i Elite Capellix)
I Enabled multi core performance and XMP, P cores all 5 Ghz and E cores all 4 Ghz, with adaptive Vcore (~1.333V)

What do you think? Is something wrong?

temps.png.2871b82a0f9ee40822b6cf4716026544.png

6 minutes ago, MaxChertin said:

Hey all, I ran Cinebench multi core test for my i7-12700KF, and the chip hit 97C in some parts. is that ok? I think thats too hot, also I didnt finish the test it was 6 minutes in when I stopped it.
I Enabled multi core performance and XMP, P cores all 5 Ghz and E cores all 4 Ghz, with adaptive Vcore (~1.333V)

temps.png.2871b82a0f9ee40822b6cf4716026544.png

When was the last time you cleaned the PC and reapplied termal paste?

Just now, MarkVintel2 said:

When was the last time you cleaned the PC and reapplied termal paste?

I just got the PC. its brand new lol

Just now, Sorenson said:

It’s fine unless you bought the pc to run cinebench. Monitor temps in your actual work and then worry if it gets too hot.

Is it safe for my CPU to reach 100c in cinebench? Im just checking the temps to make sure the system will run fine

Just now, MaxChertin said:

Is it safe for my CPU to reach 100c in cinebench? Im just checking the temps to make sure the system will run fine

You’re probably doing a full core stress test on your cpu. It is rated to run at 100c and if it goes above it will thermal throttle. Most laptops with the 12xxx series chips also get that hot and don’t have the CPUs die on them. I’m assuming you bought the system to game, which usually only use a few cores so it will be much cooler. Check the temps in your actual use case before worrying about stress test. 

You should only really use cinebench/other stress tests if you’re overclocking/under volting to check stability. 

97c doesn't mean it's not throttling. If it reaches 100c it will start throttling which would obviously cause lower temps which might be 97c. Even if it's not throttling and this isn't a realistic load, 97c is higher than I'd recommend.

What case do you have? How many fans?

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

97c doesn't mean it's not throttling. If it reaches 100c it will start throttling which would obviously cause lower temps which might be 97c. Even if it's not throttling and this isn't a realistic load, 97c is higher than I'd recommend.

What case do you have? How many fans?

I Have the GX601 Helios. 1x140mm front and 3x120mm in the back.

Intel rates this processor as safe to 100C under full load, which is pretty much what Cinebench is.

(under Package Specifications in the following link)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/134595/intel-core-i712700kf-processor-25m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz/specifications.html

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, MaxChertin said:

I don't really see any vents for air in that case, apart from the top which isn't enough. Does removing the side panel help?

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

I don't really see any vents for air in that case, apart from the top which isn't enough. Does removing the side panel help?

Ill test.

34 minutes ago, MaxChertin said:

Does that case have a glass front panel? If so, it looks very poor for airflow & seems to favour bling instead  temps.

Also, you mean you have 3 fans in the front & 1 in the back right?

Also test temps after removing the front panel only.

21 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Does that case have a glass front panel? If so, it looks very poor for airflow & seems to favour bling instead  temps.

Also, you mean you have 3 fans in the front & 1 in the back right?

21 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

I tested Cinebench again with the front side panel open and still high temps, one of the cores reached 100C. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, MaxChertin said:

Any suggestions?

Does that case have a glass front panel? If so, it looks very poor for airflow & seems to favour bling instead  temps.

Also, you mean you have 3 fans in the front & 1 in the back right?

2 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Does that case have a glass front panel? If so, it looks very poor for airflow & seems to favour bling instead  temps.

Also, you mean you have 3 fans in the front & 1 in the back right?

I have 1 fan exhaust 140mm in the back, and 3x120mm fans in the front, yes. I read everywhere that its a pretty good case and I don't think there is something wrong with it apart from it sitting under my desk. And yes this case does have glass front panel but its properly spaced out.

4 hours ago, MaxChertin said:

And yes this case does have glass front panel but its properly spaced out.

What do you mean by properly spaced out?

If it doesn’t have a mesh front, then your main source of fresh, cool air is compromised. This is why I ask you to remove the front panel only (not the side), to see if temps change with air flowing from front to back in a wind tunnel like setup. 

Here are my results from testing differing front panels in a case…

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1432423-pc-thermals-unobstructed-v-partially-obstructed-v-fully-obstructed-front-case/

3 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

What do you mean by properly spaced out?

If it doesn’t have a mesh front, then your main source of fresh, cool air is compromised. This is why I ask you to remove the front panel only (not the side), to see if temps change with air flowing from front to back in a wind tunnel like setup. 

Here are my results from testing differing front panels in a case…

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1432423-pc-thermals-unobstructed-v-partially-obstructed-v-fully-obstructed-front-case/?do=getNewComment

I see. It doesn't have a mesh panel at the front, but maybe because it has three intake fans its enough, idk. And also I can't remove the front glass panel.

3 hours ago, MaxChertin said:

but maybe because it has three intake fans its enough

The intake fans are still impacted by having a partially obstructed front (cases with side slits for air to enter), so by having a fully obstructed front panel, they're definitely going to be impacted, as per my results in that thread I linked.

What are you CPU/GPU temps when gaming?

On 9/10/2022 at 10:56 PM, MaxChertin said:

Of course every chip is different but i would try lowering the voltage since these chips do just run very hot (try to stay below 1.3v).
This gen intel cpu's come with a few ''issues'' that can prevent you from getting better temps.

One example is the cpu is bending when mounted in the motherboard, resulting in your cooler not making good contact and this will also depend on what cooler. 
This video will explain more on the bending part i mentioned, another ''fix'' is the ''washermod'' (i personally did the washer mod and did see stability improvements).

Also make sure your block is mounted well on the cpu, re-mount and replace paste if you can.
Propper airflow will help as well.

Personally i run the same cpu at 5.1 with 1.29V with a noctua d15 aircooler and during cinebench r23 i also see temps around 95C.
If you just want to run cinebench to test or find stability for your overclock then hitting high 90's is fine since you won't see these temps during gaming for example.
If you run high multicore cpu work loads i would try the above listed ''fixes'' or accept lower clocks with lower voltage.

EDIT: i just read what case you have and that thing has the worst front intake I've seen in a while..
with that case you're best of:
1. top mounted radiator exhausting with rear case fan as intake
2. top mounted radiator intake with rear case fan as exhaust
and in both options front as intakes and pray some air comes in..

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

21 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

Of course every chip is different but i would try lowering the voltage since these chips do just run very hot (try to stay below 1.3v).
This gen intel cpu's come with a few ''issues'' that can prevent you from getting better temps.

One example is the cpu is bending when mounted in the motherboard, resulting in your cooler not making good contact and this will also depend on what cooler. 
This video will explain more on the bending part i mentioned, another ''fix'' is the ''washermod'' (i personally did the washer mod and did see stability improvements).

Also make sure your block is mounted well on the cpu, re-mount and replace paste if you can.
Propper airflow will help as well.

Personally i run the same cpu at 5.1 with 1.29V with a noctua d15 aircooler and during cinebench r23 i also see temps around 95C.
If you just want to run cinebench to test or find stability for your overclock then hitting high 90's is fine since you won't see these temps during gaming for example.
If you run high multicore cpu work loads i would try the above listed ''fixes'' or accept lower clocks with lower voltage.

EDIT: i just read what case you have and that thing has the worst front intake I've seen in a while..
with that case you're best of:
1. top mounted radiator exhausting with rear case fan as intake
2. top mounted radiator intake with rear case fan as exhaust
and in both options front as intakes and pray some air comes in..

Hi, Thanks for commenting!

I see that we almost have the exact same system specs. Did you OC your CPU to 5.1 P/4.1 E at 1.29V and its stable? That sounds awesome!

If you can, please send me your BIOS configurations as to what did you set, Ill really appreciate that!

P.S, I found out that I can remove the front glass panel of that case, and It'll be much better intake. But still, I have to test the system with 1.29V.

9 minutes ago, MaxChertin said:

Hi, Thanks for commenting!

I see that we almost have the exact same system specs. Did you OC your CPU to 5.1 P/4.1 E at 1.29V and its stable? That sounds awesome!

If you can, please send me your BIOS configurations as to what did you set, Ill really appreciate that!

P.S, I found out that I can remove the front glass panel of that case, and It'll be much better intake. But still, I have to test the system with 1.29V.

Yeah it's rock solid at: P-cores: 5.1ghz/E-cores: 4.1ghz, with 1.29V LLC:Turbo (all i set was a manual voltage and LLC on Turbo).
my cinebench score: click here
1 hour cinebench loop temps: click here
Keep in mind that i have one of the best cases for airflow (helps allot).

Yes removing that pannel will probably help allot but it will also look weird.
Yes you can try 1.29v but like i said before every cpu is different, it's a matter of testing out.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, Wildgg said:

Yeah it's rock solid at: P-cores: 5.1ghz/E-cores: 4.1ghz, with 1.29V LLC:Turbo (all i set was a manual voltage and LLC on Turbo).
my cinebench score: click here
1 hour cinebench loop temps: click here
Keep in mind that i have one of the best cases for airflow (helps allot).

Yes removing that pannel will probably help allot but it will also look weird.
Yes you can try 1.29v but like i said before every cpu is different, it's a matter of testing out.

Hi, Thanks for sending your configs

However I cant seem to find LLC in the BIOS, can you explain where it is exactly? I searched everywhere and cant find it.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, MaxChertin said:

P.S, I found out that I can remove the front glass panel of that case, and It'll be much better intake. But still, I have to test the system with 1.29V

You should probably address any cooling issues & make sure you’re getting the best airflow possible before attempting any overlocking. 

What were your temps before & after removing the front panel?

On 9/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, Ralfi said:

You should probably address any cooling issues & make sure you’re getting the best airflow possible before attempting any overlocking. 

What were your temps before & after removing the front panel?

Funny enough, I haven't tried removing the front panel yet. Basically I overclocked the CPU and ran Cinebench just to test the stability of the chip before running any games. 

6 hours ago, MaxChertin said:

Funny enough, I haven't tried removing the front panel yet. Basically I overclocked the CPU and ran Cinebench just to test the stability of the chip before running any games. 

MIND BLOWN - mindblown guy | Meme Generator

so your ocing with a 100c?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links