4000d airflow front fan not working?

aryanpall
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
3 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

out of stock any others in UK?

Strange. I just found the same thing I used on the UK Amazon site... Shows in stock?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-Pack-Computer-Splitter/dp/B07QB9D463

the mb is ga-320m-hd2

you get 2 fans in this case one the back and front the back one is plugged into sysfan1 on the MB and works the 2nd one is in sysfan2 but it wont work, i went into bios and its on pms setting but shows 0rpm and still does not work what can i do ??????

If it's anything like my 4000X, the 4000D Airflow should have three in the front and one in the rear. You'll need splitters to power them from the motherboard headers.

As to the headers, I've found images of two or three different versions of this board, and save for location, there are indeed two SYS_FAN headers, but there is also one for CPU_FAN, which is for a CPU cooler fan. Just be sure you're not confusing them... If you're not, this could be a BIOS setting issue, as BIOS does control these headers and on most can enable / disable / tweak their output.

image.thumb.png.7f104544843d5f137db57cee52811956.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

21 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

If it's anything like my 4000X, the 4000D Airflow should have three in the front and one in the rear. You'll need splitters to power them from the motherboard headers.

As to the headers, I've found images of two or three different versions of this board, and save for location, there are indeed two SYS_FAN headers, but there is also one for CPU_FAN, which is for a CPU cooler fan. Just be sure you're not confusing them... If you're not, this could be a BIOS setting issue, as BIOS does control these headers and on most can enable / disable / tweak their output.

image.thumb.png.7f104544843d5f137db57cee52811956.png

yes its plugged into sys fan2 and i did check bios and it still not working ? maybe i should re try bios setting 

waht should i look for in the bios ?

So I just looked it up, apparently the 4000D only gets two AirGuide fans, which seems kind of a gyp to me, since the 4000X comes with four SP120s. Anyway, depending on what you're putting in this thing, I might recommend loading up with fans. This case should be able to fit three 120s up front for intake, two 120s for topside exhaust, and one 120 for rear exhaust. I think the AirGuides are referred to as AF120s.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

So I just looked it up, apparently the 4000D only gets two AirGuide fans, which seems kind of a gyp to me, since the 4000X comes with four SP120s. Anyway, depending on what you're putting in this thing, I might recommend loading up with fans. This case should be able to fit three 120s up front for intake, two 120s for topside exhaust, and one 120 for rear exhaust. I think the AirGuides are referred to as AF120s.

i see well no point loading it up with fans if the base fans wont work

7 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

i see well no point loading it up with fans if the base fans wont work

Maybe this is a PWM vs non-PWM thing...

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Maybe this is a PWM vs non-PWM thing...

should i buy a fan hub attach it to sys fan 1 and then use both fans ?

10 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

should i buy a fan hub attach it to sys fan 1 and then use both fans ?

Fan hub will be SATA powered and would control the fans on its own, would not need connection to SYS_FAN. Some would have a USB header connection. If you have an iCUE case, I would recommend a Commander Core or Commander Pro.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Fan hub will be SATA powered and would control the fans on its own, would not need connection to SYS_FAN. Some would have a USB header connection. If you have an iCUE case, I would recommend a Commander Core or Commander Pro.

PWM Fan Hub 5 Way, Mellbree 1 to 5 PWM Fan Splitter Hub Adapter Cable for 12V Desktop Computer Cooler Case Fans 4-Pin & 3-Pin

20 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

PWM Fan Hub 5 Way, Mellbree 1 to 5 PWM Fan Splitter Hub Adapter Cable for 12V Desktop Computer Cooler Case Fans 4-Pin & 3-Pin

Think you forgot the link, there, boss. 😎

I used these on my 3600X build...

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Way-Splitter/dp/B07PXLHNZ6

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

will this work for me ? please tell me yes im so tired of this bs

out of stock any others in UK?

Strange. I just found the same thing I used on the UK Amazon site... Shows in stock?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

yessir will this solve my probelm also i have 2 fans i can only  got 14 GBP left is there any that would work in my case and you reccomend ?

49 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

yessir will this solve my probelm also i have 2 fans i can only  got 14 GBP left is there any that would work in my case and you reccomend ?

Try these.... 4.99 GBP each. They're not RGB, but they should be PWM at least. I should think any 120mm corner mount fan would fit that case.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GJGF56L

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

isnt that a bit too many and would they all fit in hub ? bare in mind id have 7 fans , also will it be noisy i never had a pc wiv more than 3 fans (1 cpu fan )

isnt that a bit too many and would they all fit in hub ? bare in mind id have 7 fans , also will it be noisy i never had a pc wiv more than 3 fans (1 cpu fan )

Wait, I thought you only had two fans to start with?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Wait, I thought you only had two fans to start with?

oh yes i meant 7 with the cpu fan too buy yeah 6 im guessin 3 in the front 1 back and to on top ??? can i even put fans on top ?? fake aio XD-

20 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

oh yes i meant 7 with the cpu fan too buy yeah 6 im guessin 3 in the front 1 back and to on top ??? can i even put fans on top ?? fake aio XD-

Depends on the case you're using... You have a 4000D Airflow right? Three up front, two up top, one in the rear is six case fans, plus one cooler fan is seven. And AIOs are overrated. Nothing on the consumer market requires liquid cooling anyway.

image.png.0851783a6e11d366df1ac81934545243.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

As for noise, mine aren't loud until they get over 60% speed, which my fan curve doesn't reach until about 65-75C. Even with PBO, my 5900X doesn't reach that unless I've got a decent gaming load going.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

16 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

gyp

FYI, this is a racial slur against Romani people. All my interactions with you have been super chill and I assume you used the word without knowing. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

23 minutes ago, OddOod said:

FYI, this is a racial slur against Romani people. All my interactions with you have been super chill and I assume you used the word without knowing. 

i didnt know what gyp meant anyways but i dont think he meant it that way ? im not sure tho 

24 minutes ago, OddOod said:

19 minutes ago, aryanpall said:

i didnt know what gyp meant anyways but i dont think he meant it that way ? im not sure tho 

It means to cheat or swindle someone as would a "gypsy". Used in similar contexts to "getting Jewed". 
Both are slurs with racist origins against people who continue to be discriminated against today. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup