Best Linux Distro for Daily Driving?

Another upvote for Fedora 36, it has been working perfectly fine for me. I picked the KDE spin because I dislike Gnome, but its just great. As long as you don't use nvidia (even if you do, just install the drivers, but that's just as its done in most other distros)

I have had a great experience so far, after going through Endeavour OS, Void LInux, Pop OS, Linux Mint and MX Linux.

Endeavour and MX were really great too if you are feeling like trying Arch and Debian with an easier installer and utilities (in the case of MX, Endeavour is quite clean)

Also bumping Fedora 36. I've been having an great time with it.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:31 PM, JJackson said:

I'm look to force myself to learn Unix by switching to Linux for about six months. Does anyone have any good recommendations for what's flexible enough to reliably use as a daily driver, yet not so janky that I can actually rely on it?

Thanks,

Largely doesn't matter. Ubuntu is more "managed" than say Arch, which has benefits (more difficult to screw it up), and drawbacks (generally 6 months older software than other distros may have, except Debian Stable of course). Fedora is good these days.