USB-C splitter for power purposes

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,

In order for USB-C to deliver more than the standard 5V (which is needed for fast charging), the device needs to communicate with controller on the other end. Pretty sure this will not work when more than one device is attached, since both would try to communicate with the same port.

Hi all,

I have a question. In my brain it should work, but idk if the cables would handle it. We have 2 phones with an inconvenient place for power outlet, that's why we use laptop chargers.

We both have 65W charging phones. My idea is a 130W Dell usb-c laptop charger with a splitter on the end to charge both phones. Would this work?

Thanks in advance!

In order for USB-C to deliver more than the standard 5V (which is needed for fast charging), the device needs to communicate with controller on the other end. Pretty sure this will not work when more than one device is attached, since both would try to communicate with the same port.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

See, there is always a catch in the little details we don't get to see. Thanks, we will just have to use 2 laptop chargers or use a power strip.