1. 1. Is it worth the cost

• Ofc yes
    • Wtf no
    • Sort of (explain in comment)
  2. 2. Is the screwdriver worth the money

• Yesssss
    • Noooo
    • Sort of (explain in comment

Good value is subjective. If you're buying the LTT screwdriver for the sole purpose of using it every couple years to build a new computer, then it's vastly overkill. But if you're using it on the regular for other jobs, then having a well built tool is worth the lack of downtime whenever an inferior tool breaks.

Same for the backpack. There are other ones out there that will do the job just fine. But, assuming it's well built and holds everything you need, it can be worth it. I used to fly across the country every couple weeks for work and having a backpack that held all of my stuff without stressing the seams was important for me.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

It depends on your budget and needs.

It's good value for people who have the budget to buy a bag/screwdriver at those price points,

But if your budget is constrained and is significantly lower, then those options will be poor value for your money.

It's pretty match a price/quality thing.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

As isolated products you can probably find better "price to performance" elsewhere. I don't own either and I'm not saying that these are bad in any way, my experience is that they deliver good quality products. 

The way I see it however is that this is merch items, and like all merch you are supporting the content it represents as well.

I can buy 3-packs of black t-shirts for $15 in a supermarket, but if I want the same shirt with a TOOL logo I may have to pay $50-100.

So consider some of what you pay a donation to LMG, and the rest of it the value of the product 

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

I'd say sort of, we need more testing to be sure, but if the products meet their claims and do well in third party testing they are probably going to be pretty good. You could probably strictly be speaking find a way to spend less money long term by focusing on buying or trying to get free products, but whether they would necessarily hold up as well is a whole conversation.

For the screwdriver I've not ordered one yet as I don't have a pressing need, I don't have experience with ratcheting screwdrivers so I don't know if I would like the concept and I'm interested in third party testers. For the backpack I ordered as part of wave one because I live in Canada, have a need for a replacement backpack and have a lifestyle where tech related stuff is important so some of the specializations seem useful even if I am a tiny bit skeptical just because I'm used to water bottles on the outside of a backpack and I drink a lot of water.

Maybe?

I have a small brand backpack that cost $215 (plus shipping) in 2007, that would be about $300 today (+s/h). It's been through several wars and has a thousand military flight hours, it's been dragged around to hundreds of places and has taken a ton of abuse. It has all of the right kind of pockets in the right places and has held up like a tank (despite not being waterproof or made out of kevlar or anything actually crazy), and I loved it so much that even though it's not quite dead yet, when I saw another one pop up on ebay (still new despite note out of production for over a decade) at a closeout price, I nabbed it.  

I probably could have spent less than $20/year on backpacks if I wanted and they would have functionally been the same, but I paid a premium for the thought put into pretty much every bit about the pack, the ease of use/convenience factor, and the durability. 

I'm definitely not an LTT backpack naysayer, but there are things I have grown accustomed to that are different on the LTT pack, and I would also like to see how the durability is over a longer term before buying one (had I not been able to find a new backpack of my current model).

• 3 weeks later...

What is good value, 3 things determine that. But first of all everything points to these being high quality products.

1. How often will you use it? If you are someone who uses these products quite often, it can definitely be worth the value, in the case of the screwdriver it can save time, and the backpack can be great if you really make use of it intended use. Otherwise cheaper options can offer a more effective value. Unless....

2. You are into high quality products. So if we talk tooling, I use DeWalt power tools, on average I charge my 2x 5 amp batteries like 2-3 times a year, meaning I don't use my tools a ton. But when I use them, they offer high quality, useful additions and plenty of power. Yes I could have went cheaper, but I like using quality stuff, and it adds to my enjoyment of using them, even though I might use something a ton, and you could argue that I should have went cheaper. But even if neither applies there is...

3. You wanting this because you like it as cool merch. I bought my deskpad because I honestly believe it's excellent, same with my swacket. I would have bought both regardless of branding. In fact I like the very subtle branding on my swacket, I don't want to be advertising. But I bought my water bottles because I did need some, but I didn't mind some branding on there, those felt like real merch stuff, even though they are solid.

Who determines the value on that?

Personally I think I will buy a screwdriver, definitely not the backpack, not worth it for me, and I'd definitely argue that you will likely find something that fits you better for less, unless you specifically like the stuff on this one.

But I am in the market for something solid in my mancave, I've considered like iFixit, but I don't need a lot of it, and I have a cheap set that does fine. But I want a proper driver, and this one looks great. Is it great value for me, not, but I love quality tools, so why not.