Senior Project: My website on how to build a computer!

nkucz

Dear LTTForum Members,

As a graduation requirement in my High School, we have something called "Senior Project", in which each student chooses to either, host an event, create a product, research a topic, etc. Each student works on this project throughout the year, creating a binder with research and project evidence to prove how hard we worked and what we accomplished. We also have to give a 8-10 minute presentation about our project to a group of random teachers. We have to pass the binder and the presentation to graduate. Since I created a product, for the last part of my binder, I have to get feedback about the product that I created. My personal project was to create a website on how to build a computer! I would love for you guys to check out my website and give me some feedback, I worked really hard all year on this project and hope it will help me graduate and go on to pursue my goals at Sacred Heart University in the upcoming fall. 

Thanks,

Nick

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Looks pretty nice to me. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just make sure you have permission for all the photos used. Or if you copied ANY info from another source you have permission to do so or you could end up in hot water.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Just make sure you have permission for all the photos used. Or if you copied ANY info from another source you have permission to do so or you could end up in hot water.

All the photos I used were taken by me, as well as the videos. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

For the pictures page, it is sort of long if not using a portrait monitor. You may want to make links at the top and bottom to say a page 2 just to break it up a little. Also, the front page text is a little rough and could be worded a little better. Just some advice :)

Dear LTTForum Members,

As a graduation requirement in my High School, we have something called "Senior Project", in which each student chooses to either, host an event, create a product, research a topic, etc. Each student works on this project throughout the year, creating a binder with research and project evidence to prove how hard we worked and what we accomplished. We also have to give a 8-10 minute presentation about our project to a group of random teachers. We have to pass the binder and the presentation to graduate. Since I created a product, for the last part of my binder, I have to get feedback about the product that I created. My personal project was to create a website on how to build a computer! I would love for you guys to check out my website and give me some feedback, I worked really hard all year on this project and hope it will help me graduate and go on to pursue my goals at Sacred Heart University in the upcoming fall. 

Thanks,

Nick

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

For the pictures page, it is sort of long if not using a portrait monitor. You may want to make links at the top and bottom to say a page 2 just to break it up a little. Also, the front page text is a little rough and could be worded a little better. Just some advice :)

Thank you for your feedback, I will take it into consideration! 

I see that you used CSS to make it very pretty and appealing. Good job

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Its nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I see that you used CSS to make it very pretty and appealing. Good job

Its nice

Thank you very much!

What is CPU what is a graphics card what is a motherboard. If you have to present your project to a bunch of grandparent aged teacher they are going to have no idea what the hell they are about. Also make a specific contact us page it will look as if you have more content. Also how can I believe you that you know what you are doing. Soo those are the things I've seen off the bat will update later

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

You should note that a graphics card is not nessecary for a very basic computer.

Also, as @SLPNTIM said, you should explain what each part is and what it does.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

looks great! good luck next year!

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

What is CPU what is a graphics card what is a motherboard. If you have to present your project to a bunch of grandparent aged teacher they are going to have no idea what the hell they are about. Also make a specific contact us page it will look as if you have more content. Also how can I believe you that you know what you are doing. Soo those are the things I've seen off the bat will update later

You should note that a graphics card is not nessecary for a very basic computer.

Also, as @SLPNTIM said, you should explain what each part is and what it does.

They can find that elsewhere, my website is not dedicated to explaining each component of a computer. 

They can find that elsewhere, my website is not dedicated to explaining each component of a computer.

Then you should at least link some websites. It would be the best thing to do.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Dear LTTForum Members,

Thanks,

Nick

Dude, this looks sick matey, pictures are very clear and websites looks simple yet beautiful... only thing is giving like 'hints' like don't apply too much pressure to this and that.. other then that.. matey 10/10 I think I would use this if I was new to this computer building stuff. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I noticed that you used a picture for the background but the background is just white. I would suggest using the css background property.

Edit: the whole site is a picture. Please no. Did a professor teach you this way?

Dear LTTForum Members,

Thanks,

Nick

Only 8-10 minutes? You guys are lucky. In my high school it was a half hour presentation.

I noticed that you used a picture for the background but the background is just white. I would suggest using the css background property.

Edit: the whole site is a picture. Please no. Did a professor teach you this way?

Nope

I really like the example pictures I think with someone with little PC experience could put one together as long as they had all the parts. Maybe explain how to buy parts instead of what to buy.. explain CPU sockets, Memory ddr2 and 3 etc etc etc

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”