Can somebody teach me how to install a gt 730?

DietzDiet
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,

First you have to download the drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/191970/. Then download DDU. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. Reboot into safe mode. You can do so by opening start > hold shift and click restart > go to startup settings > enable safe mode (4). Then run DDU, and select graphics card > AMD. Don't change anything else. Select clean and reboot. After rebooting, open the driver file, the first one I linked and follow the instructions on screen.

Alternatively, you can do the first few steps with the AMD GPU. The driver install needs to be done with the Nvidia one. If you chose to do this, instead of selecting clean and reboot select clean and shut down.

Can somebody teach me how to install a gt 730? Soon i am going to install a gt 730 on a computer with radeon hd 4200 graphics and maybe with a computer with intel igpu, can somebody help me? How do i install the drivers and stuff, and how does it work?

First you have to download the drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/191970/. Then download DDU. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html. Reboot into safe mode. You can do so by opening start > hold shift and click restart > go to startup settings > enable safe mode (4). Then run DDU, and select graphics card > AMD. Don't change anything else. Select clean and reboot. After rebooting, open the driver file, the first one I linked and follow the instructions on screen.

Alternatively, you can do the first few steps with the AMD GPU. The driver install needs to be done with the Nvidia one. If you chose to do this, instead of selecting clean and reboot select clean and shut down.

20 minutes ago, DietzDiet said:

Can somebody teach me how to install a gt 730? Soon i am going to install a gt 730 on a computer with radeon hd 4200 graphics and maybe with a computer with intel igpu, can somebody help me? How do i install the drivers and stuff, and how does it work?

On the rig with AMD card uninstall the drivers. Don't think you have anything to do on the rig with Intel iGPU/no dGPU
I'd install the card first and then get the correct driver version (which are old ones the GT700 aren't supported since a couple years)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Some motherboards will automatically disable the integrated graphics as soon as another video card is detected in a slot, other motherboards don't, and make you configure which video card should be active.

So look in your motherboard manual or in the bios for the options which Enable or Disable integrated graphics, and/or an option that lets you choose which should be main video card : Integrated graphics or video card in pci-e slot  (this bios option may only let you chose pci-e video card once you have the video card inserted in the computer)

DDU is a package that completely removes a previous driver from Windows.  BUT, if you disable integrated graphics and chose the GT730 integrated graphics as primary video card, Windows will simply no longer detect the integrated graphics and the AMD video card drivers will no longer be loaded, so they can remain there in case you'll need to remove this GT 730 card from the system.

SO personally, I don't think there's a need to use DDU.

I would do it like this...

Open the computer side panel.  Turn off pc.

If needed, unscrew or remove  the metal covers where the video card bracket would be.

Insert the video card in the slot and if it needs extra power, connect the power connector.

Leave the monitor connected to the integrated graphics because at this point, you don't know if the BIOS will chose to continue using the integrated graphics, or automatically select your GT 730 video card.  IF the computer starts and you get image on screen while the video cable is connected to the integrated graphics, press F2 or DEL or F10 or whatever key is to enter BIOS and look for those options to select the pci-e video card as main video card.

Save the options, turn off the PC, move the cable to the GT 730 video card, start the PC.  Now Windows should start and only the GT730 card should be detected, and you can download the drivers and install them.

Some motherboards are a bit fancier and only consider video cards usable if there is a monitor connected to the video card. So that's why I suggest shutting down PC after saving the settings, to move the monitor to the new video card. Otherwise, the bios may initialize, see that there's no monitor connected to the GT730 video card, and switch back to using the integrated graphics because that one has the monitor cable attached to it.

18 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Some motherboards will automatically disable the integrated graphics as soon as another video card is detected in a slot, other motherboards don't, and make you configure which video card should be active.

So look in your motherboard manual or in the bios for the options which Enable or Disable integrated graphics, and/or an option that lets you choose which should be main video card : Integrated graphics or video card in pci-e slot  (this bios option may only let you chose pci-e video card once you have the video card inserted in the computer)

DDU is a package that completely removes a previous driver from Windows.  BUT, if you disable integrated graphics and chose the GT730 integrated graphics as primary video card, Windows will simply no longer detect the integrated graphics and the AMD video card drivers will no longer be loaded, so they can remain there in case you'll need to remove this GT 730 card from the system.

SO personally, I don't think there's a need to use DDU.

I would do it like this...

Open the computer side panel.  Turn off pc.

If needed, unscrew or remove  the metal covers where the video card bracket would be.

Insert the video card in the slot and if it needs extra power, connect the power connector.

Leave the monitor connected to the integrated graphics because at this point, you don't know if the BIOS will chose to continue using the integrated graphics, or automatically select your GT 730 video card.  IF the computer starts and you get image on screen while the video cable is connected to the integrated graphics, press F2 or DEL or F10 or whatever key is to enter BIOS and look for those options to select the pci-e video card as main video card.

Save the options, turn off the PC, move the cable to the GT 730 video card, start the PC.  Now Windows should start and only the GT730 card should be detected, and you can download the drivers and install them.

Some motherboards are a bit fancier and only consider video cards usable if there is a monitor connected to the video card. So that's why I suggest shutting down PC after saving the settings, to move the monitor to the new video card. Otherwise, the bios may initialize, see that there's no monitor connected to the GT730 video card, and switch back to using the integrated graphics because that one has the monitor cable attached to it.

i dont really understand u (sry iam not big brain) but what abt the onboard graphics one? its  a p6654y btw

Radeon hd 4200 is integrated graphics. it's in the chipset on the motherboard. You can't remove it from the computer.

Read everything I wrote again. 

Basically it's simple .... insert video card in the computer. Start computer and figure out if the computer continues to consider the integrated graphics as primary one, or it automatically switches to the new one.  IF needed, go in bios and set the settings to always try to start the computer using the new video card. Move the video cable to the new video card.