WiFi but no Bluetooth on Intel 8260 Wireless card

GigabitXe

I recently salvaged a Intel 8260 Wireless card from an old laptop. Since my motherboard, an Asrock B550M Steel Legend, has a dedicated slot for an M.2 Wi-Fi card I installed it. After booting, Windows 11 found the intel wireless drivers just fine and I can connect to Wi-Fi no problem. However, despite this card supposedly having integrated Bluetooth (according to Intel) I cannot get Bluetooth to detect. There are no Bluetooth devices showing in device manager and when I run the troubleshooter in Windows settings all it says is "This device doesn't support Bluetooth". I have tried manually installing the intel Bluetooth drivers but it still won't detect. Not really sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

Try reseating it, typically those cards talk PCIe for WLAN and USB for BT, if the USB side isn't connecting properly you could have only one working.

Or the mobo only works with specific cards, had that issue with one, tried upgrading the stock WiFi card and it outright refused to POST with the replacement. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You can try reseating as previously mentioned and cleaning the contacts on the card itself. There's also a bios setting BT ON/Off that should be on your motherboard. There you could try to force the bluetooth to be enabled and see if that fixes your issue

image.png.1cf5e97b6260d5cea663c58a212a29d7.png

image.png.b8c1f3d37392590365383e2bad02a5e4.png

42 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Try reseating it, typically those cards talk PCIe for WLAN and USB for BT, if the USB side isn't connecting properly you could have only one working.

Or the mobo only works with specific cards, had that issue with one, tried upgrading the stock WiFi card and it outright refused to POST with the replacement. 

28 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can try reseating as previously mentioned and cleaning the contacts on the card itself. There's also a bios setting BT ON/Off that should be on your motherboard. There you could try to force the bluetooth to be enabled and see if that fixes your issue

I can't believe this worked but reseating it seems to have fixed the problem. We'll see if it stays. Thanks!

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply.