KeyChron Q1 V2 vs V1 (newer model)

oktob3r

I'm between the two of these, reviews seem to be well. I'm not sure how much i'll be modding. I have an EVGA 12? right now with cherry reds that is fine. But i'd like something a bit smaller, tenkeyless seems to be the way to go. I'm not sure i could do a compact at the moment. I would like a multimedia knob/roller as i tend to use it a bit while working. the newer model seems to be out of stock, not sure how quick these comes back if at all. Keyboard stuff seems to be strange. But i'm not sure if the heavier build or bit of flex is worth going with on the Q1 v2 or if that money would be used better elsewhere (not sure i like the keycaps on either but would save if i can get a V1)

10 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

I'm between the two of these, reviews seem to be well. I'm not sure how much i'll be modding. I have an EVGA 12? right now with cherry reds that is fine. But i'd like something a bit smaller, tenkeyless seems to be the way to go. I'm not sure i could do a compact at the moment. I would like a multimedia knob/roller as i tend to use it a bit while working. the newer model seems to be out of stock, not sure how quick these comes back if at all. Keyboard stuff seems to be strange. But i'm not sure if the heavier build or bit of flex is worth going with on the Q1 v2 or if that money would be used better elsewhere (not sure i like the keycaps on either but would save if i can get a V1)

depends on whether you have the budget for a q1

if you do, get the q1 its very good

also get the barebones kit and add your own switches and keycaps.

the q1 seems to be good, not sure i like the default keycaps on the prebuilt, building my own seems like it could be a bit pricier?

31 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

the q1 seems to be good, not sure i like the default keycaps on the prebuilt, building my own seems like it could be a bit pricier?

I would recommend the barebones kit

are there any switches you prefer? I've been using linear as long as i've been using big brand boards.

corsair strafe with cherry red and now evga 12 with reds as well.

8 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

are there any switches you prefer? I've been using linear as long as i've been using big brand boards.

corsair strafe with cherry red and now evga 12 with reds as well.

do you prefer a deeper sounding switch or a higher pitched switch

36 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

deeper i think

if you dont want long pole switches, get the epsilons or gateron ink switches

if you want a long pole switch with a harsher bottom out sound, get prevail nebula switches or tecsee zaku switches

1 hour ago, person123456789 said:

if you dont want long pole switches, get the epsilons or gateron ink switches

if you want a long pole switch with a harsher bottom out sound, get prevail nebula switches or tecsee zaku switches

thank you, I've seen to see gateron quite a bit so I ordered a sample of the different colors from amazon. This helps narrow it down quite a bit I think. I've only really used Reds before not sure if I want the bump or not lol

12 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

thank you, I've seen to see gateron quite a bit so I ordered a sample of the different colors from amazon. This helps narrow it down quite a bit I think. I've only really used Reds before not sure if I want the bump or not lol

dont get the regular gateron switches

get the gateron ink switches

1 hour ago, person123456789 said:

dont get the regular gateron switches

get the gateron ink switches

just ordered the regular to test with, i think if i like the tactile maybe i'll go with inky.

28 minutes ago, 16-bit Tim said:

just ordered the regular to test with, i think if i like the tactile maybe i'll go with inky.

first figure out whether you like linear or tactile