Subaru Rally Car themed Rosewill Challenger.

Subaru Rally Car Themed Roswell Challenger.

rtyGFu2.jpg

I don't have very many pictures of the process of paints and the modding of this case. I have a Corsair H60 water cooler that started leaking about a month ago (the unit wasn't even a year old) and I can't find my receipt anywhere. So here it is, the pictures are large so yeah...:

right side:

cOq0G2E.jpg

left side:

GFw5ixa.jpg

Before paint at night:

UNuhH8G.jpg

The leakage on the Corsair H60:

o3clG6d.jpg

Before paint:

cgEYOY6.jpg

There is a 5.25 inch blu-ray/dvd drive that is hidden behind one of the sections of mesh, the mesh is held onto the drive using a child's glue stick. Funny story, I had to shave down the eject button because the drive would not stay closed. The front of the hard drive cage presses up against the side panel window. I left extra plexi glass so in the future I could expand the window as much as i want, and there is also the benefit of stiffening the panel.

If there's any questions or if there's anything you want explained, ask away, I will respond promptly. I'll search for more pictures if there is any.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

where is the spoiler?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

where is the spoiler?

couldn't find a park bench that was the same width as the case. lol.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

• 8 months later...

Time for an update.

Time has set into my pc, dust build up, hard drives failing, and hard ware failures.

What has broken:

- 1.5tb Seagate 7200rpm HDD (37000 operating hours).

-still have the 2tb seagate greed 5400 rpm with 26k hours.

- The fan on the gpu, fixed with a ghetto solution.

-plastic cup holding a 120mm fan up, the fan barely fits. I've considered it safe.

- A second AIO water cooling loop.

- Cooler master siedon 120, put it in my system, immediately sounded like a chainsaw.

- A third AIO water cooling loop, but its still in the system.

- When the cpu gets toasty and the rpms of the pump climb, it will begin to sound like a chainsaw.

Things that are new:

- water cooling loop, siedon 120 from cooler master. I chose this pump because I have had problems (seen in this thread) with corsair cooling loops. This loop has failed 1 and a half times (as explained in the "what has broken") so its a POS as well. Ill be trying a Thermaltake loop next.

- NZXT sentry with a touch screen thingy. I needed it because the mobo wanted all the fans going forever. The fan controller allows me to turn off the top 140mm and the front 120 mm when the pc isn't in use, or when im watching a movie. This controller also now is responsible for cooling my graphics card.

- Well unfortunately I had to remove the next part out of my system. It was a custom psu tunnel/shelf. It was a thin sheet of aluminum from home depot. I cut the appropriate holes for cables, and then painted flat black matte. I hit bad luck for placement because the case has a bunch of cables just below the motherboard which prevented the shelf/tunnel to lay flat. So for time and laziness I left it on a slight angle. This came to bite me when the fan on my graphics card died. The smallest fan I have is a 120mm cooler master fan that came with my AIO loop. So I had plan to find a plastic cup that was wide enough to hold the fan along the edges and was strong enough that I could punch holes in for air flow.

This solution worked great, it knocked down temperatures atleast 15c (running BF2 with fan at 70%). So I slapped the side panel back on then went out to eat. When I got home I could hear a buzzing noise coming from the computer. I quickly found that the fan I had just placed was pushing against a pci slot which held it up to the plastic window. I fidgeted with it and couldn't get the fan off the window. So I said "F**k it" and yanked the tunnel/shelf out. The fan fit perfectly barely any clearance from the side panel window. 

- Oh and instead of hot glue securing the side pannel window I got velcro.

- there is a fan grille that made more sense when I had the fan in front because I prefer not to mess around with my pc. I flipped the orientation so I can see the dust build up and easily wipe the dust off without un-mounting the fan and rad. 

- new and completely overkill 750 watt psu. It turns out I don't need it, cause this computer is on its final legs. There is no point in doing anymore upgrades to it. This part will probably end up in the next system.

more pictures:

LcgzWXA.jpg

mcxO3sZ.jpg

I had the cpu power cables run under the graphics card, these cables caused the slight angling that prevented the fan from sitting flat. In the next photo you can see how tight the fit is with the edge of the fan touching the pci slot and the oppsite corner of the fan passing the edge of the psu. The velcro and plastic window adds significant thickness to the side panel (I have to force the top left corner side of the side panel to close it cause it touches the AIO loop rad.)

cXOG2kz.jpg

tsV7HVY.jpg

1WEeavB.jpg

ZfWzSh3.jpg

Y3MVcOo.jpg

2GRDlkW.jpg

Also the mouse is an old one, I got it about 3 years ago for $6 on newegg, its called the Rosewill Laser Gaming mouse. Its actually surprising good, I like it better than that Logitech MX 620. 

I recently picked up the Ducky Shine 3 too, the corsair ssd is also fairly new with only about 1000 hours on it.

Ill probably be building a new computer soon (this one has components, like the ram, that are almost 4 or 5 years old), I might be going for a new case aswell cause the Rosewill Challenger is a POS. 

Ill try and do a more detailed guide in the future to avoid the mistakes I made this time around.

BTW im addicted to mechanical keyboards now.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.