What is happening

tobo the hobo

recently i just built my new computer. It has a xfx 6600, a 10400f, and msi b560i mini itx motherboard. after i first built it the computer booted into the bios fine. i did not have windows yet so i messed around and turn on the setting, which the computer only boots if a certin usb drive is in. after i did that i could not get into the bios but the computer was on with a small line, like a hypen(-) in the top left corner. i could still get into the boot menu by f11 i decided just to reset the bios using a screw driver to short out the jumper pins (jbat 1) after that the problem starts. when i turn on the computer the monitor gets a hdmi signal but black with a faint light so i know its on. i have tried the taking cmos out and then back in but it didnt work. should i replace my motherboard?

Did you disconnect power when clearing CMOS? Did you short the CMOS pins or take out the battery, and if the latter, how long did you leave it out?

Read the manual and perform a proper CMOS reset as per the instructions in said manual. Don't skip steps!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

the manual does not give specific steps but i removed all of the cords from the pc and took out the battery for ten minutes. i have done this twice.

thanks for all the help so fast

19 hours ago, tobo the hobo said:

the manual does not give specific steps but i removed all of the cords from the pc and took out the battery for ten minutes. i have done this twice.

thanks for all the help so fast