My subnet address is taking to a someone else's router. Been working on trying to fix for over a month and no fix yet.

b4dw01f

About a month ago my port forwarding stopped working, so I kept messing around with my router. I even replaced my complete mesh system with 3 other brands but always have the same issue. Around the same time I got issues of clashing IP address warnings, I did a reboot and everything fixed, but port forwarding stopped working. Also around this time things would take forever to load like doordash or phone apps etc, anything that had to connect to the internet., we had to start using a VPN to fix the load issues.

When i set up my router it connects to the internet, but it gives me an local IP instead of a public IP, my isp just today did a reset on their end and I noticed the ports were open, the router home page showed a public IP until i applied some settings to turn on IPV6 and when it rebooted it was showing a local ip address again. the ip it is giving my router is 192.168.68.114 instead of the default 192.168.1.1

So if i check the subnet ip address 192.168.68.1 it takes me to a TP-Link Deco router log in page, but my router is an Asus, I also have the same issues when I tried replacing the router with a Netgear Orbi and a D Link, all 3 create a internal IP with the subnet leading to a TP link log in page. Yes all my router's firmware is upto date btw.

The source of the internet is in my basement and I am in a single dwelling home, I have checked that there isnt any TP-Link products, I did in fact have some TP-Link ethernet switches which I removed from the network. I have 0 TP-link products hooked up to my network now but the subnet takes me to the same log in page. I have DSL and the modem is outside my house in a box, but I have checked it and there is only 1 line in and 1 line out, the line out goes direct to my basement and the line in is coming from the ground. The line in my basement is plugged directly into my router.

2 weeks ago when I called my ISP they told me they refreshed the connection and that my TP link router on my end was ready to renew the IP, I told them that was the issue I don't have a TP link router. They said "oh" and they would call me back, then they never called back.

I called my ISP earlier this week after they didnt return with a status update and they swear the issue is on my end and told me to replace the router, I told them I already did over the weekend with 3 different router. They said a Static IP address would fix the issue, it fixed it for 15 mins until I did the router reboot listed above. now it is back to a local IP with the odd wan ip address.

I did a speedtest while my router was getting a public IP and it was 85/90 and i pay for 90/90, but when it switched to a local the speeds went to 35/40.

I am seriously at a complete lose here.

I did find this similar issue but a bit different at the same time:

home.png

You have some serious term confusion going on here, or you have no clue what most of what you wrote means.

It is clear that you are getting a cgnat'd connection. You dont have much of a choice here, you can either ask to be removed out of cgnat range (might be mean you may have to call them every time your modem restarts) / pay for a static ipv4 address. Other option is to run your own offsite vpn and proxy traffic through there.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

33 minutes ago, Levent said:

You have some serious term confusion going on here, or you have no clue what most of what you wrote means.

It is clear that you are getting a cgnat'd connection. You dont have much of a choice here, you can either ask to be removed out of cgnat range (might be mean you may have to call them every time your modem restarts) / pay for a static ipv4 address. Other option is to run your own offsite vpn and proxy traffic through there.

This is the local/public ip address that changed, does that help?

home.png