PSU Tier List Rev. 8.6.0

PSU Daniel
7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Pretty much any PSU can have coil whine.  That's not an indication of lack of quality or poor design.

According toooooooo.......  ?

So?  Capacitor plague was something that happened over a decade ago.

So?

So does the MWE V2.

It's double forward while the MWE is LLC.  That's why.

If you read the "tier requirements", a PSU has to at least have LLC to be considered Tier A.  It has to have at least ACRF or ZVS for tier B.  By default, the XPG being double forward puts it in tier C.

What does this have to do with anything?

3-4.japan main cap 105C in pylon better than capxcon/elite 85C in mwe v2 bronze and other elite caps in pylon better than other capxcon caps in mwe v2 bronze

1.According from users mwe bronze v2 got coil wine issues, strange sounds, even pc is power off. This is not one sold psu from 10 psu's. Almost 8 sold psu's from 10 psu's got coil wine (my region is sng)

2.massive voltage drops on 12 and 3.3 rail reported by many users on different sites

7.Also i found strange, why xpg pylon 550w have 2 cables for 5-sata/2-molex/1-fdd and mwe bronze v2 550w have 3 cables for 6-sata/4-molex? Is XPG dont have enough cables for 450/550 pylon lineage, so they take decision to produce 450/550 lineage with 2 cables for 5-sata/2-molex/1-fdd or 550w pylon not so powerfull to hold 6-sata/4-molex?

Next, just watch aris review

and you understood that mwe bronze v2 with LLC is not good enough like xpg pylon with DC-DC.

6. So, if i want to buy psu, i need to watch tier list, logically, psu in higher tier must be better than psu in lower tier. So why good xpg pylon with DC-DC is in Tier C and not so good mwe bronze v2 with LLC in Tier B? Cuz mwe bronze v2 have LLC, so he was presented in higher Tier B!???? Why better psu hold place in low tier and worst psu hold place in higher tier?

@fgr1234The video ,and all MWE videos don't prove what  you're writing, they ironically disprove it. MWE V2 is an awesome outlier platform, it's a platform that shouldn't exist in it's price category(a first in the world of PSUs, a too good platform for too little money compared to everyone else [And these are paraphrased Aris words from his original MWE V2 video, not mine xD]. Gospower sacrificed their profit margins/markup, and they used a much more advanced platform to their financial detriment to break into market, flood the market, gain marketshare, show they can make good stuff.

They also reacted and fixed some original issues very fast.

48 minutes ago, fgr1234 said:

3-4.japan main cap 105C in pylon better than capxcon/elite 85C in mwe v2 bronze and other elite caps in pylon better than other capxcon caps in mwe v2 bronze

Better on paper, completely irrelevant in practice like @jonnyGURUmentioned (+ on top of that what class of PSUs and the wattage of components do you think are realistically going on them ?)

Why better psu hold place in low tier and worst psu hold place in higher tier?

Cause it has LLC and is not bad enough to be downgraded. LLC is automatic win over older designs, and you really, really have to have other huge issues to end up downgraded (only 230v input for instance for the White versions).

il wine issues, strange sounds, even pc is power off. This is not one sold psu from 10 psu's. Almost 8 sold psu's from 10 psu's got coil wine (my region is sng)

See I've got a whole different experience, many posters, including me have been recommending the MWE V2 on domestic forums in my country for a while now. quite a bit more than 10 people bought them, and they haven't been complaining. And what's worse is most of those were 230V input only versions. and 95%+ of them haven't posted any issues. (and believe me soon as issues for anything pop up, it's walls of text on the forum).

When I say no issues, I ignore Coil Whine posts at load. We've (and me personally quite a few) helped quite a few of those with Coil Whine issues reduce the noise enough, and the vast majority of them time, not by replacing PSUs, ...

In turn they've influenced their friends and families (+ if you take into account the influencer youtubers, so at the very least ~40 units got sold, just going by napkin math and probably more.

Now, while the 230V input only experience was ok so far, I am wondering how those PSUs behave if there are power restrictions this winter due to the energy Crysis. (As for why 230v-only, well no other way around, as for almost 2 years, if not a bit more Cooler Master MWE V2 White 230V-only were so cheap, so undercutting the competition, even compared to the full fat bronze versions, that no common sense was getting through to the buyers with the least amount of money, and this was the lesser of many other evils avaliable on the market xD

(I regularly presented FSP alternatives, a few great sales of Antec NeoEco Gold Zen and since a while ago Asus TUF as alternative when the price allows it, but there's so many 230V-only out in the wild, it's unsettling). Also Corsair CX-F (lowest wattage were at really good prices when Corsair stuff the entered the market a while back).

11 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@fgr1234The video ,and all MWE videos don't prove what  you're writing, they ironically disprove it. MWE V2 is a awesome outlier platform, it's a platform that shouldn't exist in it's price category(a first in the world of PSUs, a too good platform for too little money compared to everyone else [And these are paraphrased Aris words from his original MWE V2 video, not mine xD]. Gospower sacrificed their profit margins/markup, and they used a much more advanced platform to their financial detriment to break into market, flood the market, gain marketshare, show they can make good stuff.

They also reacted and fixed some original issues very fast.

Better on paper, completely irrelevant in practice like @jonnyGURUmentioned (+ on top of that what class of PSUs and the wattage of components do you think are realistically going on them ?)

Cause it has LLC and is not bad enough to be downgraded. LLC is automatic win over older designs, and you really, really have to have other huge issues to end up downgraded (only 230v input for instance for the White versions).

See I've got a whole different experience, many posters, including me have been recommending the MWE V2 on domestic forums in my country for a while now. quite a bit more than 10 people bought them, and they haven't been complaining. And what's worse is most of those were 230V input only versions. and 95%+ of them haven't posted any issues. (and believe me soon as issues for anything pop up, it's walls of text on the forum).

When I say no issues, I ignore Coil Whine posts at load. We've (and me personally quite a few) helped quite a few of those with Coil Whine issues solve them, and not by replacing PSUs, ...

In turn they've influenced their friends and families (+ if you take into account the influencer youtubers, so at the very list ~40 units got sold, just going by napkin math and probably more.

Now, while the 230V input only experience was ok so far, I am wondering how those PSUs behave if there are power restrictions this winter due to the energy crysis.

AHhahah, thx man you make my day

7 minutes ago, Coolumin said:

Still waiting on Daniel's response to Luke 😅

I'm still waiting for the links to where all the versions up through 8.5.0 were published.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16