Stuttering In Fortnite And CSGO Specs: RTX 2060 OC 6GB DUAL CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 16GB RAM 3200MHZ OS ON SSD

Zambe

The 2nd pic show that text when ever i open csgo or fortnite idk really what to do i've tried updating bios didn't really work. atm running optimized default profile i've updated my windows 10 to the latest version didnt work either only option i have now is to reset my windows 10 to fully stock settings but i doubt that will work

You seem to be using a very outdated video driver, that would be the first thing to check.

Also make sure, your RAM is running at the rated speed.

Many people report stuttering in Fortnite, when shadows are at maximum settings, apparently that's just a game engine bug, and nothing you can do about it except lowering the shadow settings.

2 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

You seem to be using a very outdated video driver, that would be the first thing to check.

Also make sure, your RAM is running at the rated speed.

Many people report stuttering in Fortnite, when shadows are at maximum settings, apparently that's just a game engine bug, and nothing you can do about it except lowering the shadow settings.

i've tried using lates gpu drivers it dosent fix it, it makes it worse the driver im on is the one of the best drivers for performance and latency so that's why im on it, my ram can run 3200mhz so the xmp is on and all, i've been having stutters in fortnite since the day i had this pc and it's not even a year old, i get stutters in csgo too, but not in assassins' creed black flag or valorant 

As Alvin said: Fortnite just stutters- especially for the first 60 minutes of gameplay.

Maybe it's loading stuff in the background? IDK. How bad are the stutters and do they get better after playing for some time?

CS:GO stuttering is weird.

Are you trying to play in 4k with ray tracing or something?

Running out of system ram can cause stuttering- but you have plenty.

Another situation that can cause stuttering is running the GPU at near 100% (GPU full bottleneck- like say running CS:GO at 4k ultra settings).

Have you ran CS:GO with overlay to see GPU usage, ram, etc?

Are you recording/Streaming using GeForce Experience?

-

I would DDU and start again.

Maybe even reseat the GPU and ram just to make sure.

A barely seated stick of ram can cause weird issues.

9 hours ago, Bryan-10EC said:

As Alvin said: Fortnite just stutters- especially for the first 60 minutes of gameplay.

Maybe it's loading stuff in the background? IDK. How bad are the stutters and do they get better after playing for some time?

CS:GO stuttering is weird.

Are you trying to play in 4k with ray tracing or something?

Running out of system ram can cause stuttering- but you have plenty.

Another situation that can cause stuttering is running the GPU at near 100% (GPU full bottleneck- like say running CS:GO at 4k ultra settings).

Have you ran CS:GO with overlay to see GPU usage, ram, etc?

Are you recording/Streaming using GeForce Experience?

-

I would DDU and start again.

Maybe even reseat the GPU and ram just to make sure.

A barely seated stick of ram can cause weird issues.

Well, tried DDU multiple times it feels like having a updated gpu driver fixed the "LatencyMon" but i feel like i have more stutters then ever on the latest drivers + my ram stick is Fury beast 16gb ram 3200mhz. Btw what do you mean with reseting the gpu and ram, how do i do that?

Resetting = Pulling out of the slots and pushing back in and making sure well seated.

I do remember a high FPS issue on CS:GO a while back... not sure what caused it.

Some games don't run well with extremely high FPS.

GTA V would stutter like crazy if over 160 FPS iirc.

You might try adjusting the settings to reduce the FPS in an attempt to get better stability.

*This is for CS:GO.

Fortnite is a stuttery mess even with the best hardware.

I've tried it once before didn't really help, should i try it again?

On 7/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, Zambe said:

I've tried it once before didn't really help, should i try it again?

UPDATE: Didn't work sadly

• 2 weeks later...

What settings are you running CSGO on? 4K? 1440p? What about the other graphics settings? Have you tried dialing them down?

Also, CPU usage spikes seem way too high on something as light as CSGO and Fortnite. What are the processes using up the CPU power?

Ryzen 5 3600 + CoolerMaster Hyper 212 LED Turbo | Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 | G.Skill Trident-Z (2x8) DDR4-2133 | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming-X 6 GB | NZXT Phantom 410 | SilverStone 650W 80+ Bronze non-modular | Intel SSD 535 (240 GB) SSD - Kingston UV400 (480 GB) SSD - Sandisk SSD Plus (1 TB) SSD - Western Digital Caviar Blue (1 TB) HDD

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, vliktor said:

What settings are you running CSGO on? 4K? 1440p? What about the other graphics settings? Have you tried dialing them down?

Also, CPU usage spikes seem way too high on something as light as CSGO and Fortnite. What are the processes using up the CPU power?

I have everything low

2 hours ago, Zambe said:

I have everything low

i even reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers (with safemode enabled) didnt work idk what to do im so lost bro