I'm Confused with RTX 3090 and 3090ti? please help

veku
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
Just now, veku said:

I'm confused which RTX to go for , given the advantages and dis advantages. Can you please send the link for which you think is best for Blender (since VRAM is very important) ?

question.PNG

Go for a 3090 Ti. I'd personally get whatever card is cheapest since they're pretty universally better than their 3090 counterparts. Right now it would be the 3090 Ti TUF, so that would be the one I'd get. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4rstt6/asus-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-24-gb-tuf-gaming-oc-video-card-tuf-rtx3090ti-o24g-gaming

Hello, I use Blender for my work as and Archviz 3d modeling.

Which brand and model of RTX 3090 suit for 3d modeling?

Currently I have assemble this (3k -4k$),  if there is better option for mother board, Gpu support and processor please give the link.

Thankyou.

Capture.PNG

Since you chose mostly black parts i'd suggest getting the chromax version of the noctua cooler, or get something different. The Deepcool AK620 and Scythe FUMA 2 are comparable in performance but significantly cheaper.

Can't really comment on how beneficial your GPU, CPU and RAM capacity is to your workflow though.

Motherboard is mostly a matter of I/O as long as the VRMs are decent enough (Steel Legend shouldn't have problems with the 5950X).

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

29 minutes ago, veku said:

Hello, I use Blender for my work as and Archviz 3d modeling.

Which brand and model of RTX 3090 suit for 3d modeling?

Currently I have assemble this (3k -4k$),  if there is better option for mother board, Gpu support and processor please give the link.

Thankyou.

Which brand & model ?
Performance wise most likely they're going to be near each other IMHO. (As long they are in the same tier)
So me personally gonna look at their heatsink (cooling) performance & noise.
For 3080 (since I never looked at 3090 reviews), it's between Asus Rog Strix, EVGA FTW 3, MSI SUPRIM X

I agree with @Stahlmann about the CPU Cooler, AK620 is cheaper, uses standard square fans, and pretty much toe to toe with NH-D15
(Review video by Gamers Nexus below)

The following video might help.
Keep in mind that the channel (the one compiling datas for GPU) doesn't conduct their own benchmark, they gather their datas from review websites i think.

AK620

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

If you're gonna be doing something that maxes out the VRAM like 3D modeling, I'd get a 3090 Ti. The two big advantages for most consumers with the 3090 Ti is that the VRM on it is much stronger all around (likely gonna be more reliable in the long term as well) and it only has memory chips on one side of the board so memory temps are much lower and safer on the 3090 Ti. Specific card doesn't matter that much, they're all pretty universally better than 3090s so I'd just get whatever card is cheapest (usually it's the Gaming OC you selected). 

Otherwise it's a solid build. I might want to upgrade the motherboard to something like an ASRock B550 Taichi instead, the 4 layer ASRock boards do struggle a bit with all 4 DIMM slots populated if you ever need to upgrade to 128GB of RAM, so going for a 6 layer board like the Taichi or Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro AX is a good option. Granted, the Ryzen memory controller does struggle a lot if you run 128GB of RAM in general, so you might hit memory controller limits first and this doesn't matter. 

16 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Which brand & model ?
Performance wise most likely they're going to be near each other IMHO. (As long they are in the same tier)
So me personally gonna look at their heatsink (cooling) performance & noise.
For 3080 (since I never looked at 3090 reviews), it's between Asus Rog Strix, EVGA FTW 3, MSI SUPRIM X

I agree with @Stahlmann about the CPU Cooler, AK620 is cheaper, uses standard square fans, and pretty much toe to toe with NH-D15
(Review video by Gamers Nexus below)

The following video might help.
Keep in mind that the channel (the one compiling datas for GPU) doesn't conduct their own benchmark, they gather their datas from review websites i think.

AK620

the video is actually pretty accurate when it comes to performance rating

what case are you going to use?

I have 3090s and 3090 tis.

They are not a all the same so you have to do lots of research on them.

My 3090s are MSI Gaming X Trios. I bought them mainly because they have heat pipes on the backplate so the vram is only as hot at the 3080 ti version.

The one I have in a gaming rig listed below is a spare for one that is in a productivity rig. Now that I can overnight one it is redundant.

My 2 3090 ti are EVGA FTW3 Ultras.

They are about 10c cooler on the core and 20c on the vram than my 3090s and 3080 tis. The only GPU that I have had that come close to being as cool was my Strix 3080.

Most of my rendering crashed were from heat over time so the cooler the components the better, If the 3090 ti existed earlier I would just use them since they do run cooler. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

8 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If you're gonna be doing something that maxes out the VRAM like 3D modeling, I'd get a 3090 Ti. The two big advantages for most consumers with the 3090 Ti is that the VRM on it is much stronger all around (likely gonna be more reliable in the long term as well) and it only has memory chips on one side of the board so memory temps are much lower and safer on the 3090 Ti. Specific card doesn't matter that much, they're all pretty universally better than 3090s so I'd just get whatever card is cheapest (usually it's the Gaming OC you selected). 

Otherwise it's a solid build. I might want to upgrade the motherboard to something like an ASRock B550 Taichi instead, the 4 layer ASRock boards do struggle a bit with all 4 DIMM slots populated if you ever need to upgrade to 128GB of RAM, so going for a 6 layer board like the Taichi or Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro AX is a good option. Granted, the Ryzen memory controller does struggle a lot if you run 128GB of RAM in general, so you might hit memory controller limits first and this doesn't matter. 

I'm confused which RTX to go for , given the advantages and dis advantages. Can you please send the link for which you think is best for Blender (since VRAM is very important) ?

question.PNG

Just now, veku said:

question.PNG

Go for a 3090 Ti. I'd personally get whatever card is cheapest since they're pretty universally better than their 3090 counterparts. Right now it would be the 3090 Ti TUF, so that would be the one I'd get. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4rstt6/asus-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-24-gb-tuf-gaming-oc-video-card-tuf-rtx3090ti-o24g-gaming

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'm also flexible to change if you can suggest a better Assemble than the one I mentioned.

Capture.PNG

9 minutes ago, veku said:

I'm also flexible to change if you can suggest a better Assemble than the one I mentioned.

Capture.PNG

No, that system is fine. Only thing I might suggest is changing out the motherboard for something like these (they're the same board as each other, just different aesthetics with the Razer edition having more RGB support, just get whatever you think looks the best since they're the same price):

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3qDkcf/asrock-b550-taichi-razer-edition-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-taichi-razer-edition

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jKLwrH/asrock-b550-taichi-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-taichi

Not because the B550 Steel Legend is bad or anything, it's actually a really nice motherboard (one of the ~4 I consider worth buying on AM4), but because it's 4 DIMM memory support isn't great so if you ever wanted to upgrade to 128GB of RAM you might struggle a bit. Besides, in the grand scheme of a $3000 system, $60 more on a motherboard isn't the end of the world, and the Taichi is a much more fully featured board compared to the Steel Legend.

11 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No, that system is fine. Only thing I might suggest is changing out the motherboard for something like these (they're the same board as each other, just different aesthetics with the Razer edition having more RGB support, just get whatever you think looks the best since they're the same price):

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3qDkcf/asrock-b550-taichi-razer-edition-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-taichi-razer-edition

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jKLwrH/asrock-b550-taichi-atx-am4-motherboard-b550-taichi

Not because the B550 Steel Legend is bad or anything, it's actually a really nice motherboard (one of the ~4 I consider worth buying on AM4), but because it's 4 DIMM memory support isn't great so if you ever wanted to upgrade to 128GB of RAM you might struggle a bit. Besides, in the grand scheme of a $3000 system, $60 more on a motherboard isn't the end of the world, and the Taichi is a much more fully featured board compared to the Steel Legend.

Thanks alot