BSOD after running 3D mark and now pc not booting

coneil3822

Hello I just build a pc and I was getting the CPU drug light. I reseated the cpu and it suddenly turnt on. After installing all drivers and setting up pc I ran 3d mark and at the end of the run a got the BSOD and the PC just went blank. Now when I try and turn it on again I just get the CPU Dbug light again. Not posting. 

5800x

Any help would be massively appreciated 

cheap crappy power supplies often cause wierd issues like this, get an evga 1000w one to be safe and if that fixes it RMA the old one if its still under warranty. 

Edited by SiliconMagician
i was proven wrong and am correcting my mistake

2 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

get an evga 1000w one to be safe and if that fixes it throw the old one in the trash.

Superb recommendation right there. Instantly recommending people to dump money on something you dont even know is the problem.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

27 minutes ago, coneil3822 said:

Hello I just build a pc and I was getting the CPU drug light. I reseated the cpu and it suddenly turnt on. After installing all drivers and setting up pc I ran 3d mark and at the end of the run a got the BSOD and the PC just went blank. Now when I try and turn it on again I just get the CPU Dbug light again. Not posting. 

5800x

Any help would be massively appreciated 

I would recommend reseating your RAMs. For future reference, include motherboard, rams (model number) and your PSU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

Superb recommendation right there. Instantly recommending people to dump money on something you dont even know is the problem.

you dont if thats the problem until you try, and from my own experience, wierd problems like this after running the system at full load which draws alot of power which can very well  put a sketchy power supply into the grave, the original poster has done no testing with any components so we start with the most common, most likely problem, which is likely a cheap or defective power supply because even name brands like evga will occasionally have one power supply not be quite right and fail prematurely, that is something that cannot be avoided. him putting the system under load is very unlikely to cause cpu issues unless he is overclocking which as far as you and i know he isnt.

8 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

that fixes it throw the old one in the trash.

Inb4 OP throws out a Corsair RM850X because someone told them to

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Inb4 OP throws out a Corsair RM850X because someone told them to

if a new psu solves his problem, then like i stated, that power supply needs to be RMA'd because it doesnt do what its meant to do. if hardware works well and is reliable, i dont throw it away, i have 2 rubbermaid drawers full of old but perfectly functioning hard drives to prove it

Edited by SiliconMagician
i was proven wrong and am correcting my mistake

3 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

if a new psu solves his problem, then like i stated, that power supply belongs in the garbage because it doesnt do what its meant to do. if hardware works well and is reliable, i dont throw it away, i have 2 rubbermaid drawers full of old but perfectly functioning hard drives to prove it

If a power supply is defective an RMA would be my first suggestion, not immediately disposing of it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

If a power supply is defective an RMA would be my first suggestion, not immediately disposing of it

very true. will update posts

Hello thanks for replys. I have a brand new corsair 850x

And a b550 msi gaming carbon wifi

Unplug, drain flea power, pull cmos battery, wait 5 mins, install battery, plug in and power on. 

2 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Unplug, drain flea power, pull cmos battery, wait 5 mins, install battery, plug in and power on. 

adding to that, reseating the CPU and RAM also is not a bad idea. No POST usually means dead CPU or motherboard.

Thank you again for the replys. After i reseated the RAM eveything started working. How do i test that everything is running as it should and that this wont happen again??