Logitech F310 vs Xbox Series Controller which one lasts long?

Hello Gamers, I have been thinking to purchase a Gamepad recently and fell into indecision. It's because my experience to the Havit HV-G83 wasn't very good, rubber pads underneath the buttons got broken and 1 trigger button went faulty within 6 months of purchase. So I have decided to go for a well known brand this time and selected these two, Logitech F310 because its cheaper than Microsoft, also comes with 3 years warranty. On the other hand, Microsoft Xbox Series controller doesn't come with any warranty and the price is three times than Logitech. Have to mention that I will be using it in my PC and I play mostly Red Dead Online and Mortal Kombat. So I am very confused about durability of them as I have no experience using any expensive Gamepads. Any suggestion from users would be very helpful to me. Thanks

I've never used the Logitceh F310, but looking at it screams "Mad Catz controller from the early 2000s" to me. 

Which means it will either break immediately, or last forever. Probably the latter. 

All Microsoft peripherals have a warranty though. If purchased new, the controllers have 1 year warranty. You can actually register them to your Xbox account and view warranty information at any time on their website, including when it will expire. 

I have a bunch of Xbox controllers, including the Elite V2. They make really good controllers as long as you baby them, but I will say the 1 year warranty isn't really good enough. The bumpers and/or d-pad on mine always seem to start registering double clicks and missclicks after some time, regardless of whether I've even been using them or not. I will say that the Series controllers are probably their best iteration yet though. 

As long as you don't get so mad that you start flinging controllers across the room, you should be fine with either in terms of durability.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

9 minutes ago, Kevin_Walter said:

I've never used the Logitceh F310, but looking at it screams "Mad Catz controller from the early 2000s" to me. 

They've been selling it forever, like 10+ years. Notice the old-style Logitech logo in the middle which they've never bothered to change. And I'm pretty sure the F310 is basically just the "Dual Action" gamepad they came out with in like 2004 with a different dpad and a Dinput/Xinput switch. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I have the Logitech F310 for a lot of years and it still works fine. You can play every game with it. Althought it still works, if I were you I would buy a newer one. A Dualshock 4 or a Xbox Series Controller would do the work. I would go for the Xbox (I think that it supports more games than the Ps4 controller)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

16 minutes ago, Middcore said:

They've been selling it forever, like 10+ years. Notice the old-style Logitech logo in the middle which they've never bothered to change. And I'm pretty sure the F310 is basically just the "Dual Action" gamepad they came out with in like 2004 with a different dpad and a Dinput/Xinput switch. 

Nailed it! lol

4 minutes ago, G-Lord20 said:

I have the Logitech F310 for a lot of years and it still works fine. You can play every game with it. Althought it still works, if I were you I would buy a newer one. A Dualshock 4 or a Xbox Series Controller would do the work. I would go for the Xbox (I think that it supports more games than the Ps4 controller)

AFAIK, Playstation controllers still require a specific driver to function on PC, while pretty much every Xbox controller made in the last ten years is plug-n-play on all Windows PCs running at least Windows 8. I could be wrong though. I've always hated Playstation controllers. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

2 minutes ago, Kevin_Walter said:

Nailed it! lol

AFAIK, Playstation controllers still require a specific driver to function on PC, while pretty much every Xbox controller made in the last ten years is plug-n-play on all Windows PCs running at least Windows 8. I could be wrong though. I've always hated Playstation controllers. 

My Dualshock 4 controller works just fine with steam games. I didn't need any configurations to play (at least in the games i tried), but if needed, steam offers tools/big picture mode, to set it up.

But as @Kevin_Walter said, the xbox controller might be the best solution. 

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

39 minutes ago, Kevin_Walter said:

Nailed it! lol

Eh. When it came out the Dual Action was a welcome product because it simply and shamelessly ripped off the PlayStation Dual Shock layout, whereas the world of PC gamepads in the 90's and 2000's before it was a lawless wasteland of weird shit. Then for the F310 by making it Xinput compatible and using XBox-style buttons Logitech did the bare minimum necessary to keep it viable as the "bare minimum" PC gamepad. That's how you have to look at the F310: it's a "standard" shape and layout, compatible with basically all games, sold by a company you've heard of for usually under $20. Even the third-party wired Xbox controllers by PowerA and PDP are more like $25-30. 

I wouldn't put much stock in the 3 year warranty, though. At the price it sells for it's basically disposable. Are you really going to make a warranty claim over a $15 gamepad? Probably not, by the time it breaks you have enough to either just buy another or buy something better, and that's what Logitech is counting on. 

Unless I was absolutely destitute though I would look at one of the third-party wired Xbox controllers over the F310, or something by 8BitDo if I could spend a little more than that but still didn't want to shell out as much as a first-party Microsoft controller costs.

24 minutes ago, G-Lord20 said:

If build quality and longevity is a priority here, I don't think Razer products should even be in the discussion. The price is also laughable for a wired-only controller. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

My 13 years old F310 still work just fine except the connector rusted a little bit.  It's not really comfortable to hold compare to my Onza or DS4. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The new xbox controllers definitely feel nicer in the hands.
The logitech one prolly work fine.

I have both; I never really used the logitech controller at all because it wasn't compatible with any games when I tried it. Or it was and I had no idea how to configure it.

I use an Xbox One controller and wireless adapter.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:07 PM, fpo said:

I have both; I never really used the logitech controller at all because it wasn't compatible with any games when I tried it. Or it was and I had no idea how to configure it.

You probably need to flip the switch between Xinput and Directinput on the back of the controller. 

f310-trdfront.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

19 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

You probably need to flip the switch between Xinput and Directinput on the back of the controller. 

f310-trdfront.jpg

The early PC games I had were RTS and world of Warcraft. 

I didn't have any racing games nor fps. 

Thank you for the advice!