New Lian Li Lancool 3 Mesh Case ordered.

TexasBulldog74
Go to solution Solved by JCMikulak,

Update: I installed the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO up top...like Gamers Nexus mentioned in their review, the rear exhaust fan has to come out and there's no room for it. Also, in the case's stock front fan bracket configuration from the factory, the 420 will not fit. It won't let the fan bracket completely close. I took the bracket out, turned it around, and reinstalled it, and that let the radiator fit :). Just don't forget to route and plug in the motherboard's EPS power cables before installing the radiator...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

It will fit up to a 420mm radiator on top and 360's front and bottom!  I have the Lancool 2 Mesh and absolutely love it but the only thing that bugged me was it was a tad small IMO... now they lengethed it an made it a little wider which for me is exactly what I wanted with all the well thought out design features I love so much in the Lancool 2.

Its been shipped.  Can't wait to build in it and throwing a 420mm up on top with QL140's all around.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811112603?Item=9SIAFSTHN48340

On 7/22/2022 at 6:35 PM, TexasBulldog74 said:

It will fit up to a 420mm radiator on top and 360's front and bottom!  I have the Lancool 2 Mesh and absolutely love it but the only thing that bugged me was it was a tad small IMO... now they lengethed it an made it a little wider which for me is exactly what I wanted with all the well thought out design features I love so much in the Lancool 2.

Its been shipped.  Can't wait to build in it and throwing a 420mm up on top with QL140's all around.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811112603?Item=9SIAFSTHN48340

ya its a good case

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Just watched GN's review on the Lancool III...they mention 420mm radiators will fit up top, with some caveats. Installing a 420 might make the top fan bracket non-removable and eliminate use of the rear 140mm exhaust fan (it's at the 8-minute mark of the review). GN recommended no larger than a 360mm radiator...I ordered the case and a 420mm AIO before the review came out; we'll see if I can make it all fit!

2 hours ago, JCMikulak said:

Just watched GN's review on the Lancool III...they mention 420mm radiators will fit up top, with some caveats. Installing a 420 might make the top fan bracket non-removable and eliminate use of the rear 140mm exhaust fan (it's at the 8-minute mark of the review). GN recommended no larger than a 360mm radiator...I ordered the case and a 420mm AIO before the review came out; we'll see if I can make it all fit!

Same LOL... well i guess we will find out.  I watched all the videos on Youtube but nobody used a 420.  Looks like the hoses will need to be routed at the back which may lose access to the rear exhaust fan or maybe a 140mm wont fit but a 120mm will.  

i'm a bit SUS on bottom 360 rad effectiveness compare to o11,

i'm also custom watercooling guy so....

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

22 minutes ago, fonzz1e said:

i'm a bit SUS on bottom 360 rad effectiveness compare to o11,

i'm also custom watercooling guy so....

This is going to be my first dip into water cooling.  Looking at how mine is sitting now actually using 2 3.5" hard drives in there with a 1000w PSU... I can only imagine the lower radiator mount being worth it for your GPU cooling...  I am staying air cooled on my GPU so it just seems like a bad idea to have the 360 under my aircooled GPU blasting hot air directly in its fans.  Now like I said if the lower 240/360 for the water cooled GPU would get sufficient airflow but i don't know how it would compare to the o11

@TexasBulldog74afaik there's a lot of space for top rad in lancool3

if u remove the 2.5" plate & 1 hdd cage, should have sufficient airflow for bottom fans

IMO o11 still the best since 2x 3.5" hdd is in the psu side

also don't use QL fans on rads, their static pressure is bad on rads (ideally fans with > 2 mm/h2o is best)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

10 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

@TexasBulldog74afaik there's a lot of space for top rad in lancool3

if u remove the 2.5" plate & 1 hdd cage, should have sufficient airflow for bottom fans

IMO o11 still the best since 2x 3.5" hdd is in the psu side

also don't use QL fans on rads, their static pressure is bad on rads (ideally fans with > 2 mm/h2o is best)

yeah im looking at fans right now.  Im currently setup on 9 QL120's but i think im going to sell them and go to the Lian Li Uni fans.  Their static presure is 2.33mm/h20 and it will make the wiring a lot easier than all these corsair controllers and wires everywhere.  About to drop $300ish on fans which sucks but im sick of all the wires for my Corsair fans.

Update: I installed the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 AIO up top...like Gamers Nexus mentioned in their review, the rear exhaust fan has to come out and there's no room for it. Also, in the case's stock front fan bracket configuration from the factory, the 420 will not fit. It won't let the fan bracket completely close. I took the bracket out, turned it around, and reinstalled it, and that let the radiator fit :). Just don't forget to route and plug in the motherboard's EPS power cables before installing the radiator...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 1 month later...
it fits a 420mm Corsair H170i ELITE LCD | CPU water cooling in the Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX case, 
even with push/pull. 

20220915_143815.jpg

20220915_143939.jpg

if you install the radiator as shown in the picture
then you can install only 3x120mm fans on top !
or 2x140mm because of the water hoses !They are there in the way
for 3x140mm.

If you turn the whole thing now that the water hoses are below
as it is normally done with an Aio front installation
the thing again looks quite different.

I got the Lanool 3 and love it but i chickened out on the 420mm rad and went with a 360 and mounted it on top.  With the 420 in the front like pictured can you fit fans behind it for a push/pull config?

I should of just bought the 420mm.  Frustrated i chickened out.  I think i'll go with a 420mm now that I have it and can see how others are mounting them when I upgrade sometime in 2023 when I upgrade to AM5.

Great case though isn't it.  I love it and I had the Lancool 2 mesh before upgrading to this one.  The 2 was good but it always  bugged me that i couldn't fit 3 fans on top of the case.  This case is just amazing to build in though.  My lancool 2 was a super tight fit for my Corsair RMx1000 PSU but now with the lancool 3 I have plenty of room to store excess cables even with 2 3.5" drives in the bottom.

This is my setup with a EK aio 360mm on top with 3x Lian Li SL Infinity's and 1 120mm rear.  It easily fits my 1000w corsair PSU, EVGA 3080.

Mit dem 420 mm Corsair H170i ELITE LCD | können Sie mühelos eine Push/Pull-Konfiguration installieren CPU Wasserkühlung vorne wie abgebildet ! Wie es beim Artic 420mm aussieht kann ich leider nicht sagen, da ich es hier nicht zum Testen habe.

Wunderschöner Umbau ihres Gehäuses!

little insider tip !

Alphacool Rise Aurora 140mm ! Airflow of 154.1m³/h paired with a high static pressure of 2.20mm/H2O.
Is the Absolute Turbo fan for 140mm radiators !

also I have searched forever on the web and on youtube for an answer whether a 420mm Aio fits in the front, everywhere it is said only a 360mm Aio fits in the front ! Then by chance I found this youtube channel where I was helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aitIxf_1FEU

the point of a 420mm radiator is actually that you can cool a CPU and GPU at the same time with a custom water cooling conversion.

The extra performance that comes out of a 420mm Aio watercooling conversion like this one can be neglected since today's 360mm Aio watercoolers like the ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360 provide almost the same performance in normal or push/pull operation.