Super Fast WIFI speeds, very very unforgiveable low Lan upload Speeds.

Hello,

I've been meaning to upgrade my home network, I've been using Google's Wi-Fi mesh network for about part of 2 years now, but I faced a lot of maintenance issues with them (wi-fi & Lan speeds dropping etc...) and so after 2 years and 2 unresponsive hubs I decided to look for a new networking solution. So after watching the recent Short-Circuit YouTube video on the ASUS Zen WIFI Pro ET12 Router I decided It would be a suitable replacement and the reviews where great on it so I decided to pull the trigger. It's been 2 weeks after installation of the New Wi-Fi mesh system, my WIFI speeds are absolutely Amazing! I'm getting almost 800 GB/s on downloads and about 300 MBPS on uploads but on the other hand my Lan speeds are horrible! I'm receiving about 1 GB/s on downloads (Amazing) but receiving 1-5 MBPS on upload speeds (Bruh).

I've tried countless network restarts, entire modem & mesh resets, new land cables and numerous devices. I'm absolutely stumped and have no idea what todo.

Somethings about my network:

Verizon Fiber Gigabyte plan

4 different Mesh points around my home.

I do require LAN connections for some equipment in my home like the camera systems so it's crucial to have at least decent upload speeds over LAN. I would greatly Appreciate any help/Suggestions. Thank you!

I've attached some screenshot's for reference.   

Screenshot 2022-07-20 211826.png

Screenshot 2022-07-20 212957.png

@Marty6IX

First of all, your quoted speeds are all in megabits per second (Mbps). MBps is megabytes per second. You're on Verizon's gigabit plan, not gigabyte. I'm assuming these speeds are through a hardwired internet connection to the ISP and not over cellular networks.

Secondly, LAN on mesh networks is not truly LAN because, even though you plug unto a mesh point with ethernet, the communication with the upstream base station is wireless, which is subject to the same type of interference/limitations as other wireless devices. What speeds do you get when directly connected via ethernet to the ISP device?

3 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

@Marty6IX

First of all, your quoted speeds are all in megabits per second (Mbps). MBps is megabytes per second. You're on Verizon's gigabit plan, not gigabyte. I'm assuming these speeds are through a hardwired internet connection to the ISP and not over cellular networks.

Secondly, LAN on mesh networks is not truly LAN because, even though you plug unto a mesh point with ethernet, the communication with the upstream base station is wireless, which is subject to the same type of interference/limitations as other wireless devices. What speeds do you get when directly connected via ethernet to the ISP device?

I’ll have to check when I get home for the direct wired connection to the modem, but is there any reason why the upload speeds are so poor? With my other google Wi-Fi mesh the uploads&downloads were about 100-200. Is there maybe a setting I need to enable or should I contact my ISP

You should check that all your interfaces speed and duplex match, and there are no mismatches anywhere. Such horrible upload may be due to half duplex somewhere between your PC and the ISP modem.

As others suggested, connect your PC/laptop directly to ISP modem, see what speed you get. Then check your LAN devices wired interfaces, I suggest setting them all to "autonegotiate".