An audio sin

Shaoty

So I was working today and somebody came up to me, wanting to do viewings on various headphones that she liked. This isn't an audio store so out of everyone on shift I generally knew more on tech I guess, so pretty much all the options she picked were beats, unfortunately not stocking much else in a general store. I pointed out a pair of Denons (they have no model number for some reason, but look like an on ear version of the ah-d600's, maybe ah-d340?), desperately trying to find something better than the garbage she picked. They were dismissed because she didn't like the black colour... So I took a deep breath and had to deal with it.

We unboxed the options that she picked, in the end after a long period of her asking dumb questions, as well as contradicting herself in what she was looking for. The white solo hd or whatever the hell they're called we didn't have available in the entire area, and none coming in soon (she viewed a blue pair). She decided she'd pay  £270 for the beats studio, the reason being "Well if I was using the blue headphones, and I was wearing a red outfit, it would be a complete disaster, you can't do that!!!"

I didn't really have words or an option at this point, I couldn't believe not only was she going to buy beats, she was going to pay double the price of the other pair because of a colour. Only now do I understand why beats sell, people are dumb.

Forgive me for my sin brothers, I had no choice in the matter!  :mellow:

everybody have there reasons 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The original beats studio were decent but still over priced and you couldnt use them without the noise cancelling being on.

It's fashion capitalism, and it's been gripping the society for longer than we could remember (I think). Growing up, we're fed with fashion propagandas, dictated of what looks good, what's not, etc. That's where the Beats come in. It's not a good audio headphone (in comparison), it's a fashionable headphone. 

So you were both right. You were right for facepalming her decision, because you see headphones as what they are, something that produce audio, so audio quality should come first. She on the other hand, saw the headphones as one of her fashion and lifestyle accessories, so she went with the fashionable correct one, not the best value one. 

I get it, audio sin, blah blah.

But let's put this into perspective. A lot of women care about how they look - They spend so much on different pairs of shoes, nice accessories, good handbags, outfits, blah blah. Wanting things to look good is not surprising. 

I don't find Beats to be that good looking personally.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

let me guess

she was blonde

Hilarious. Original.

I get it, audio sin, blah blah.

But let's put this into perspective. A lot of women care about how they look - They spend so much on different pairs of shoes, nice accessories, good handbags, outfits, blah blah. Wanting things to look good is not surprising. 

Yes it's all just the womenz concerned with their looks.

It's fashion capitalism, and it's been gripping the society for longer than we could remember (I think). Growing up, we're fed with fashion propagandas, dictated of what looks good, what's not, etc. That's where the Beats come in. It's not a good audio headphone (in comparison), it's a fashionable headphone. 

So you were both right. You were right for facepalming her decision, because you see headphones as what they are, something that produce audio, so audio quality should come first. She on the other hand, saw the headphones as one of her fashion and lifestyle accessories, so she went with the fashionable correct one, not the best value one. 

Amazing, someone with an intelligent contribution.

You are a disgrace to the Brotherhood. YOU ARE BANISHED! :P

I'll leave my coat on the way out :'( 

I am going to put this in simplest terms please don't be mad "Bitches be Crazy"

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

But Prof. Dre uses them, that makes me looks like I got swag right?

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Funny thing is:

9a523280_DrDrewithM50s.jpeg

Even Dr. Dre prefers M50....

ibpr3xL9eV83h3.png

Can't help it, it had to be done. Beats for life

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

ibpr3xL9eV83h3.png

Can't help it, it had to be done. Beats for life

Ahhhh so it was a spoof ad? I found that in google, and the first time I saw it, I actually laughed (why on earth would he endorse other brand, when he got his own brand)....

Ahhhh so it was a spoof ad? I found that in google, and the first time I saw it, I actually laughed (why on earth would he endorse other brand, when he got his own brand)....

Well there is this as well....but I'm 199% sure this is shopped as well. lol

380x373px-6179da9b_dre1.jpg

Everyone buys shit because of the brand name and the desire to be socially accepted.  Follow the latest fads.  That's why people buy shit with branding like razor, fatl1ty, apple, beats, etc.   

Not to troll with those particular companies it's just that if you look at their products and the marketing style they employ it more closely resembles a fashion company.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Everyone buys shit because of the brand name and the desire to be socially accepted.  Follow the latest fads.  That's why people buy shit with branding like razor, fatl1ty, apple, beats, etc.   

Not to troll with those particular companies it's just that if you look at their products and the marketing style they employ it more closely resembles a fashion company.

Well, if you think about it, those guys deserve thumbs up. I mean, simple logic, good stuff => high price is logical, mainstream. Not-so-good stuff => high price, that's something. They threw baits, and people got hooked just like that *snaps fingers* :P

Well, if you think about it, those guys deserve thumbs up. I mean, simple logic, good stuff => high price is logical, mainstream. Not-so-good stuff => high price, that's something. They threw baits, and people got hooked just like that *snaps fingers* :P

My hat is off to the marketing department of Asus, apple, beats and razor. Credit where credit is due.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.