Peripheral overhaul, need advice

Go to solution Solved by Phage,

Looks good, get it

So i am planning on getting a new mouse, and possibly a new keyboard (not sure yet). And to be quite honest i know very little about KB's and mice.

What i already have in use.

Mouse: Logitech G300, about 2 to 3 years in use.

Keyboard: Emachines OEM notworthyofaname, 3-4,5 years in use. (not really sure about the usage times, i could go dig my mail and see for sure)

What i am planning.

Mouse: Logitech G502 protheus(?) core

Keyboard: Logitech G710+

I am not buying anything in the next few minutes, i have a week or two to decide.

If you want to advise me on changing the mouse, do your best to convince me, i am pretty dead set on that one. (why? Because it has allot of buttons like the G300 and even higher DPI)

As for the keyboard, these are the preferences.

Price: ~150€ or less.

Keys: MX brow or red, or you can try to convince me to stay membrane.

Layout: Nordic (meaning "ö", "ä", "å" keys must be present) Also NO ten key-less boards, (EDIT2: It needs to be a full keybeard, meaning nothing is taken off, arrow keys, del, end, home.....all in their default places, not integrated trough button combos.) i play games like DCS and Arma, and i am not that efficient with binding all my keys to one area.

EDIT1: I only care about the fact the the keyboard is good for gaming, i do need it for typing as well but i am pretty sure that while i still need to look at the keyboard in order to type, i don't need one optimized for typing.

I also don't really care about the color, or back-light, a plain look is preferred as opposed to something that will be more noticeable than my 32" TV.

Details:

I play FPS games mostly, BF4 (the G300 has difficulty at sniping/trying to be accurate, it takes noticeable steps when being moved slowly. I aim slowly to the left and instead of mimicking me, it jumps to the other side of the opponents head.)

And yes i have tried messing around with the ingame settings, this also happens in ARMA 2 and 3

I also play Crysis 3 sometimes, and DCS A-10 C (i know the mouse isn't really meant to help me on the later one, i have a joystick for it)

Borderlands 2Sniper elite NZA2 and Skyrim 

Of course i play some Shogun 2 and Sins of a solar empire rebellion, but those don't need a top of the line mouse.

Ask for more details and you shall receive. I am mainly looking for an option for the keyboard as i am cheap, and definitely not an expert on keyboards.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Looks good, get it

hellooooooooo

CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Brown switches!

Oh, i made a mistake in my post, i want a full keyboard, meaning tenkeys and all the things in between.

Ill consider it though because it is allot cheaper.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I'll get what you are planning to get if you read reviews on them and going to utilize their feautres. I wish I could just go chose my mouse and such like that, I have this strange thing with me where If I get one product from Razer, It all needs to be razer or I'll cry myself to sleep. Back to the point, are you trying to keep the keyboard quiet? Cause the G710+ does a dam good job at that, plus the mouse works wonders, but the shape is just ehhh it's up to you.. I'll get the Razer deathadder counterlogic edition (since it's white) 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Oh, i made a mistake in my post, i want a full keyboard, meaning tenkeys and all the things in between.

Ill consider it though because it is allot cheaper.

Corsair Vengeance K70?

I'll get what you are planning to get if you read reviews on them and going to utilize their feautres. I wish I could just go chose my mouse and such like that, I have this strange thing with me where If I get one product from Razer, It all needs to be razer or I'll cry myself to sleep. Back to the point, are you trying to keep the keyboard quiet? Cause the G710+ does a dam good job at that, plus the mouse works wonders, but the shape is just ehhh it's up to you.. I'll get the Razer deathadder counterlogic edition (since it's white) 

I do plan on using the features yes, on the G710+ i can use the additional keys on the left in DCS, and actually be able to use bombs correcty!!

And the G502 because the buttons seem to be place well (me brother has a 602 and the buttons are too close to each other for a fast paced FPS)

It doesn't really matter if the KB is loud or not, my current membrane makes quite a bit of noise it self (i am not sure how it compares though)

And from what i have picked-up from reviews and other media the shape should be just great, it seems similar to the G300. 

Spoiler

For a mouse the G502 is a great choice.

For a keyboard, Ducky is pretty well stocked in Finland, in shops such as Jimms, Verkkokauppa.com and Teraset.net. If you want the absolute best quality, consider the Ducky Premier keyboard (however, since its new, might not be available). If you want something cheaper then Qpad MK-50 or CM Storm Quickfire XT might suit you more.

Corsair Vengeance K70?

Looks better certainly, although i may not be a fan of the silver it is certainly on target otherwise. It is 10€ more than the 710+ though for me, that is something i will have to consider carefully.

Spoiler

Looks better certainly, although i may not be a fan of the silver it is certainly on target otherwise. It is 10€ more than the 710+ though for me, that is something i will have to consider carefully.

There's a black variant.

I can give a +1 for the Logitech G710+. I've owned mine for about a year and it's amazing. Amazing to type on, adjustable calm white backlighting that doesn't look like a riced out civic, and a volume wheel that I didn't think I'd need but I use daily. Not sure if they sell a Viking edition though.

For your mouse, if you're slowly moving your mouse to the left and it jumps to the right. I would double check your mouse surface isn't coming into play. That being said. If you're looking for raw input and accuracy stick to something with an optical sensor, not laser.

For a mouse the G502 is a great choice.

For a keyboard, Ducky is pretty well stocked in Finland, in shops such as Jimms, Verkkokauppa.com and Teraset.net. If you want the absolute best quality, consider the Ducky Premier keyboard (however, since its new, might not be available). If you want something cheaper then Qpad MK-50 or CM Storm Quickfire XT might suit you more.

The Ducky seems great, will definitely keep an eye on it, maybe it will be available by then.

The Qpad seems like a decent choice as well, even though it is not a problem it is strange that it is PS/2 (as is my current mouse), will come back to this if feel like saving some money.

Spoiler

There's a black variant.

What's 10€ anyway when you are buying a 150€ KB right? It's a tight battle between this and the 710+ now.

I can give a +1 for the Logitech G710+. I've owned mine for about a year and it's amazing. Amazing to type on, adjustable calm white backlighting that doesn't look like a riced out civic, and a volume wheel that I didn't think I'd need but I use daily. Not sure if they sell a Viking edition though.

For your mouse, if you're slowly moving your mouse to the left and it jumps to the right. I would double check your mouse surface isn't coming into play. That being said. If you're looking for raw input and accuracy stick to something with an optical sensor, not laser.

I have had it on 2 different surfaces, first being an office pad(soft), and now a it's a hard pad, i have no idea on how to identify if that is the origin of trouble. I have no test devises to use.

EDIT: Is there any common in house surfaces i could try? I remember hearing on the TS that someone was using masking tape.

Spoiler

What's your price range matey? For the Mouse and Keyboard. 

What's your price range matey? For the Mouse and Keyboard. 

All in all the mouse and KB i was going with initially are 230€ the max i will go to is 240€ (because black K70)

Spoiler

All in all the mouse and KB i was going with initially are 230€ the max i will go to is 240€ (because black K70)

Correct me if I'm wrong (i'm a typical american) is that an euro sign? 

Because the G710+ and the K70 just had a kid.. http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g19s-lcd-gaming-keyboard it have the fathers eyes <3

*looks at keyboard* 

I must have THIS

*look at price, shudders, closes tab*

Spoiler

Correct me if I'm wrong (i'm a typical american) is that an euro sign? 

Yes, i am from Finland as seen in location, and who would want a Nordic keyboard in the US?  

Spoiler

Here's what I'll go with 

Razer Taipan EG edition - 80.00 which is not bad, 8200 DPI, 4G sensor. (
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-taipan-esports-edition-evil-geniuses) 

Logitech G19S edition - to me this is like the K70 ups with Logitech build quality (not that corsair sucks).  (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g19s-lcd-gaming-keyboard)%C2'>

Here's what I'll go with 

Razer Taipan EG edition - 80.00 which is not bad, 8200 DPI, 4G sensor. (

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-taipan-esports-edition-evil-geniuses) 

Logitech G19S edition - to me this is like the K70 ups with Logitech build quality (not that corsair sucks).  (

The G19S is 200€ for me, and then 80€ for the mouse is going over budget by 40€, that's quite a considerable amount. Your budget is ~18% higher than mine, i have no flex over 240€. 

Spoiler

The G19S is 200€ for me, and then 80€ for the mouse is going over budget by 40€, that's quite a considerable amount. Your budget is ~18% higher than mine, i have no flex over 240€. 

Sorry for that mate, I'll fix it matey.. give me a second

I have had it on 2 different surfaces, first being an office pad(soft), and now a it's a hard pad, i have no idea on how to identify if that is the origin of trouble. I have no test devises to use.

EDIT: Is there any common in house surfaces i could try? I remember hearing on the TS that someone was using masking tape.

As long as you're on a smooth non white surface, you should be fine.

G502, and orbweaver throw on whatever keyboard you prefer and done?

As long as you're on a smooth non white surface, you should be fine.

In that case it is the G300 not being enough.

G502, and orbweaver throw on whatever keyboard you prefer and done?

The problem is that i don't have any preferences, as i know next to nothing about keyboards. Also, the orbweaver is 120+€, that goes way over budget, and i don't really have use for it as i am getting a full keyboard, not a tenkeyless one.

Spoiler