Corsair TX650m repair

saudahmedbass

Can i get this psu repaired?

My pc was running when i saw flames pop out and pc got shut down. 

This is the only board that seems burned out or damaged throughout the psu out of main board. No other part seems damaged. 

Is there anyway this can be fixed or should i get it repaired? 

IMG_20220710_201803.jpg

IMG_20220710_201847.jpg

IMG_20220710_201808.jpg

7 minutes ago, saudahmedbass said:

Is there anyway this can be fixed or should i get it repaired? 

Personally, I wouldn't trust the PSU any further and would recommend replacing with a new PSU. 

3 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

What PSU is it?

Corsair TX650m according to the OP thread title. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Don't work on power supplies unless you absolutely know what you're doing, certain components can be lethal when dealt with the wrong way.

You can visually see a damage board in the PSU, but you can't know how that damage got there (it could've come from another part of the PSU) and there are other components you can't visually see if they are damaged.

Only replacing that board could fix it, or not and make for a dangerous situation.

If you are under warranty, get in contact with Corsair and see if this falls under warranty, otherwise get it replaced.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Personally, I wouldn't trust the PSU any further and would recommend replacing with a new PSU. 

Corsair TX650m according to the OP thread title. 

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Don't work on power supplies unless you absolutely know what you're doing, certain components can be lethal when dealt with the wrong way.

You can visually see a damage board in the PSU, but you can't know how that damage got there (it could've come from another part of the PSU) and there are other components you can't visually see if they are damaged.

Only replacing that board could fix it, or not and make for a dangerous situation.

If you are under warranty, get in contact with Corsair and see if this falls under warranty, otherwise get it replaced.

There is this guy who repairs power supplies. Was offering a repair cost of 2500pkr or 12usd and i was questionable if i should have done it! 

Right now i have new options between corsair vx650 or deepcool DQ750ST. Only Deepcool comes with replacement warranty if burnt out. 

But i have found 0 solid review on deepcool's psu. I dont want to go with corsair only to end up with dead psu and its costly here!!! 

How old is the PSU? The TXM has a 7 year warranty, so you should be able to RMA it

:)

29 minutes ago, seon123 said:

How old is the PSU? The TXM has a 7 year warranty, so you should be able to RMA it

Can't RMA in my country because corsair doesn't operate here officially 

38 minutes ago, saudahmedbass said:

You'll need to buy a new one then.

4 hours ago, saudahmedbass said:

Well.. you would just send it to Corsair in Taiwan.  The real problem is that you can't RMA it because you opened it.

5 hours ago, saudahmedbass said:

There is this guy who repairs power supplies. Was offering a repair cost of 2500pkr or 12usd and i was questionable if i should have done it! 

This is an easy repair for an experienced electrician and something I've seen done several times in third world countries.

5 hours ago, saudahmedbass said:

Right now i have new options between corsair vx650 or deepcool DQ750ST. Only Deepcool comes with replacement warranty if burnt out. 

But i have found 0 solid review on deepcool's psu. I dont want to go with corsair only to end up with dead psu and its costly here!!! 

Those aren't "new" options, right?  They're used?  Because Corsair VX Series hasn't been made in over a decade.

And if you do see a new PSU, like a Corsair, you DO have full warranty.  You just have to ship it out of the country to get it honored.