Does anyone know of any decent sTRX4 motherboards?

Looking for a decent board to pair with the 3960X/70X at a decent price. I know many retailors don't sell them anymore, but I could look for a listen.

7 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Looking for a decent board to pair with the 3960X/70X at a decent price. I know many retailors don't sell them anymore, but I could look for a listen.

Any reason you are going for a 3960/70x? They are kinda being matched/beaten by consumer cpu's right now so not the best choices.

As for trx40 boards pcpartpicker is your friend. Basically any is good enough. However I'd recommend you go to a trx80 board as those will still get cpu's.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Any reason you are going for a 3960/70x? They are kinda being matched/beaten by consumer cpu's right now so not the best choices.

As for trx40 boards pcpartpicker is your friend. Basically any is good enough. However I'd recommend you go to a trx80 board as those will still get cpu's.

Mostly due to PCIE lanes allocation. Most consumer CPU's still lack a large enough amount for a lot of PCIE devices, most of which for my use case would be capture cards and what not. It's strictly work related, not for gaming 

1 minute ago, Nexblitzer said:

Mostly due to PCIE lanes allocation. Most consumer CPU's still lack a large enough amount for a lot of PCIE devices, most of which for my use case would be capture cards and what not. It's strictly work related, not for gaming 

Oh ok fair enough makes sense. Well then basically what I said still stands pretty much. I recommend going for a trx80 board so you aren't on a end of life platform and have options for the future.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh ok fair enough makes sense. Well then basically what I said still stands pretty much. I recommend going for a trx80 board so you aren't on a end of life platform and have options for the future.

I mean I would, but they only support the Threadripper Pro CPU's which are *significantly* more expensive.

Just now, Nexblitzer said:

I mean I would, but they only support the Threadripper Pro CPU's which are *significantly* more expensive.

If the cost is an issue and you are ok with being eol then basically get the cheapest trx4 board that has the support you want.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That's assuming that they release a threadripper 6000/7000 and that it uses the same chipset/socket...

Just now, Blue4130 said:

That's assuming that they release a threadripper 6000/7000 and that it uses the same chipset/socket...

I'm talking about the threadripper 5000 series as an upgrade path here.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

I'm talking about the threadripper 5000 series as an upgrade path here.

Ok, I thought that the wrx80 was different than trx80

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Ok, I thought that the wrx80 was different than trx80

There is only TRX40. WRX80 is a more workstation focused brother.