hulu blocking vpn

smeten

If that was the case then why are there region restrictions on NetFlix? The content creators do care which countries have access to their content. You are using something you are not suppose to have access to.

I think it's stupid that it is this way, but using a VPN to bypass region restriction is a type of piracy and the content creators might start tracking down on NetFlix as well.

If content creators were happy as long as they got the money, then we wouldn't have any region locks at all.

Region restrictions are because of convoluted and broken licensing. 

Canada and other countries get boned because of the copyright laws and other reasons. 

BUT, no one has cared to stop it. Why? Unlike in Hulu, Netflix STILL gets their money. The studios and networks still get their money. There is strong incentive for these companies to just turn a blind eye to the blatant violation of the ToS because they are getting money for it. 

And apparently Netflix and co agree because not once have they ever tried to stop it from happening. 

Region restrictions are because of convoluted and broken licensing. 

Canada and other countries get boned because of the copyright laws and other reasons. 

BUT, no one has cared to stop it. Why? Unlike in Hulu, Netflix STILL gets their money. The studios and networks still get their money. There is strong incentive for these companies to just turn a blind eye to the blatant violation of the ToS because they are getting money for it. 

And apparently Netflix and co agree because not once have they ever tried to stop it from happening. 

But producers and content owners make their money from selling the rights to networks,  if netflix stream to all countries then the consumer base for other networks in those countries is reduced (because consumers can just use netflix), thus the value of selling the rights to that content is also reduced.  So content owners may need increase the price for netflix in order to offset the reduced sales income from international networks.

Whether netflix does anything about it or not is moot, They might block VPN if they are threatened with higher costs for content rights, or they might just choose to increase their pricing to compensate.  Either way they probably won't react unless someone forces them.

tl:dr VPN's allow consumers to bypass distribution networks which undermine/destabilise revenue flow.  Regardless of the reason for the region block the effects are the same. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hulu is US only and even the premium version is ad supported. Hulu is basically run by ads. Targeted ads are wasted on a Canadian like me who can't even buy anything that is advertised to me. 

Netflix has a better policy. They get their money no matter what, you need to pay to access. Like they really care WHERE you access WHAT because they don't have ads. To Netflix, it is still income and they still pay their dues at the end of the day to the studios and networks who own the content.

If Hulu already tracks location that exact same Info can be used to target adds, Linus and Luke went over this very concept yesterday

-------

Current Rig

-------

If Hulu already tracks location that exact same Info can be used to target adds, Linus and Luke went over this very concept yesterday

Hulu might be able to track my location to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada but if their sponsor is an American company like Verizon, what good does that do them? Their current, US only distribution makes ads utterly useless in other countries. 

Hulu might be able to track my location to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada but if their sponsor is an American company like Verizon, what good does that do them? Their current, US only distribution makes ads utterly useless in other countries.

Getting add sponsors for other market its piss easy. It's literally what Google does best that's no excuse

No. The only reason is content creators and their fear of money and success.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Own vpn server is best vpn server. Cannot be detected as proxy

And as low as $4/year.

You cannot beat that price.

Signatures are stupid.

But guys..Hulu sucks. Nothing of value is lost here.

This a dumb decision. I am an american, and I spend half of each year in Canada.  I have enjoyed some of the shows on Hulu. But comparing with Netflix, Hulu sucks in speed and content. I just got rid of PIA and created my own VPN server following this: http://www.vpntips.com/how-to-setup-a-vpn-server/). My VPN server is super fast and the dumb ass Hulu couldn't block it.  :D

• 2 months later...

Region locking is legitmatly the worst -_-, frigging Blu ray player won't play anything because its frok UK and I had to get a new one, and The Wii won't play disks either so its just a fancy Brick sitting in the basement.

Netflix Canadas Pretty bad too, missing out on a lot.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

If you are paying for your account with a US credit card then their is no reason that you cant travel and watch your Netflix or Hulu. Maybe send an email conformation that confirms you are accessing your account from a foriegn country. Netflix works just fine over VPN but I should not have to do that.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Hulu is the worst crap streaming service I've ever used. If my girlfriend didn't enjoy one of the exclusive shows on there I'd have canceled months ago.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]