Adding Page number to threads in the forum.

So really it's a two way question.

1. Is there a way to add the page number of the thread you're reading that's really old? 

2. Instead of a page number, view count on the thread?

It's really for curiosity. 

So I don't necro an old thread I've started just to see where it's at in the pages deep of Millions of posts and hundred thousands of threads..... Just to be curios how many times it was viewed. This way in the future I can alter my approach to spark conversation and or interest.

In example:

Finding this through my "activity" on my profile is easy. But I have no idea what page it's on in the Cpu and memory forums section of how many views unless I necro. Which, if wasn't interesting for comments then, nor will it be now. So I find it silly to necro the post from this stupid idea I had just now.

Thanks for consideration and seeing if it's even possible @ the admin! 

Is this just for interest in seeing how many views the topic has received? If you view your activity and then select Topics it will display how many views a thread has.

https://linustechtips.com/profile/687690-guest-5150/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

image.png

Does that help you out?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Page numbers as in page number within subforum? Imo this could work better as ability to filter years and months.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Is this just for interest in seeing how many views the topic has received? If you view your activity and then select Topics it will display how many views a thread has.

https://linustechtips.com/profile/687690-guest-5150/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

image.png

Does that help you out?

This helps tremendously! 

Forgive me, had beer in my eyes lol.

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Page numbers as in page number within subforum? Imo this could work better as ability to filter years and months.

That's a good idea.