Which of these is the best choice?

Hi, I am looking to buy a laptop for university (Computer Science / Engineering that kinda thing) and I have found 3 laptops to chose between.

I would like to get a decent spec laptop for under £1000. I also have HP students discount. 

These are the 3 I have found: 

1. HP ENVY x360 15-eu0005na Convertible — https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=4J955EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&source=google&channel=cpc&adcampaign=HP-GSC-Baseline-Smart-PLA-Aged+Skus-Goo-UK&addisttype=u&kw=&adid=592379737327&gclid=CjwKCAjwiJqWBhBdEiwAtESPaMbznKTS7uC_lPZujdVYhtHEiaE6kpAHA9PyoElMPjcdDSz21GWJtxoCWk8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2. HP ENVY x360 15-eu0004na Full-HD Convertible Laptop — https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=4J954EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&_gl=1*183ppmn*_up*MQ..&gclid=CjwKCAjwiJqWBhBdEiwAtESPaMbznKTS7uC_lPZujdVYhtHEiaE6kpAHA9PyoElMPjcdDSz21GWJtxoCWk8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3. HP ENVY 14-eb0013na — https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=3T167EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

If anyone has any other good choices for me then please let me know your opinions. 

Thanks 

I like these, however if you’re in an engineering course that requires 3D Modeling such as AutoCAD or Solidworks you may require something with a bit more of a hefty gpu

they look sleek though, maybe a HP Omen would be the best of both worlds?

If it’s just for compiling code however and low level applications like word these will be more than good enough

17 minutes ago, G3R489 said:

I like these, however if you’re in an engineering course that requires 3D Modeling such as AutoCAD or Solidworks you may require something with a bit more of a hefty gpu

they look sleek though, maybe a HP Omen would be the best of both worlds?

If it’s just for compiling code however and low level applications like word these will be more than good enough

Thanks. Do I recon I need the more expensive version of the Envy 360? Or is the less spec one better value for money. 

Just because with the discount I can get the cheaper is only £650 and the more expensive is £750. And the Envy 14 becomes £900 so quite a step up between each

Those Envy x360 15" Models do exist with a 400 nit bright screen. Take that, or save untill you can afford it.

Touchscreens are always Glare. If you use a Pen, the Display will reflect ceiling lights.

2 bad things coming together = 250 nits will most likely NOT be bright enough to counter the reflections. You might have a bad Time there.

Third one is fine, but it's NOT a Convertible. If that's important for you.

I’d agree with darkseth, 250 nitts is a tad low so you may have to clean it more often and may be difficult to see outdoors, aswell the batteries on both must be taken into consideration for how much you’d use it intensively

the more expensive one is nice, but again for lighter work loads it should be okay, but it’s integrated graphics may take a little longer if you’re rendering and such

Overall I think you could get away with the cheaper one in allot of cases but for those you can’t you could always use cloud rendering or something to help you out so there’s always another way if you find out it’s not enough later

29 minutes ago, G3R489 said:

I’d agree with darkseth, 250 nitts is a tad low so you may have to clean it more often and may be difficult to see outdoors, aswell the batteries on both must be taken into consideration for how much you’d use it intensively

the more expensive one is nice, but again for lighter work loads it should be okay, but it’s integrated graphics may take a little longer if you’re rendering and such

Overall I think you could get away with the cheaper one in allot of cases but for those you can’t you could always use cloud rendering or something to help you out so there’s always another way if you find out it’s not enough later

Hi, I have had a look and in England I can’t find the 15.6” screen with 400 nit brightness. So the only option I can find is the 13” version. Which has only got 8 GB of RAM.

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=5R5T3EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

Also a 2 in 1 is not a minor concern of mine. 

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=4S1A0EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&source=google&channel=cpc&adcampaign=HP-GSC-Baseline-Smart-PLA-Laptops-Goo-UK&addisttype=u&kw=&adid=506691300669&gclid=CjwKCAjwiJqWBhBdEiwAtESPaDLF2r_tkC1XQJgcOfDPruTn5Qj1KLCfME5cjR4p2lk-Tp9j37f8KxoCQH8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i think this is the best I can physically find for your max budget. I know not probably what you’re looking for but that’s the best HP I can find for your budget

however I believe it’s worth going into a shop and seeing wether a 13” is big enough for your needs as the smaller screens can be more straining on your eyes in my experience. If you think it’s okay then I’d probably chase that one further as it’s a better cpu

If not, if you’re British I find it can sometimes be worth a quick nip into curry’s/pc world as they’ll sometimes sell off some good PC’s at a cheaper price if they’re older stock.

3 hours ago, G3R489 said:

https://www.hp.com/gb-en/shop/product.aspx?id=4S1A0EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&source=google&channel=cpc&adcampaign=HP-GSC-Baseline-Smart-PLA-Laptops-Goo-UK&addisttype=u&kw=&adid=506691300669&gclid=CjwKCAjwiJqWBhBdEiwAtESPaDLF2r_tkC1XQJgcOfDPruTn5Qj1KLCfME5cjR4p2lk-Tp9j37f8KxoCQH8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i think this is the best I can physically find for your max budget. I know not probably what you’re looking for but that’s the best HP I can find for your budget

however I believe it’s worth going into a shop and seeing wether a 13” is big enough for your needs as the smaller screens can be more straining on your eyes in my experience. If you think it’s okay then I’d probably chase that one further as it’s a better cpu

If not, if you’re British I find it can sometimes be worth a quick nip into curry’s/pc world as they’ll sometimes sell off some good PC’s at a cheaper price if they’re older stock.

Sometimes the uk can be so annoying! This would be perfect I think but I can’t find it in the UK. Thanks for you recommendation too.

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-14-eb1035nr?source=aw&subacctid=698433&subacctname=Narrativ&adcampaigngroup=561219&awc=7168_1657234294_ed65c6cd9e5fb77d076d4639070d3860&jumpid=af_gen_nc_ns&utm_medium=af&utm_source=aw&utm_campaign=Narrativ

The $1050 equates to £850 which is well within my budget