Problems in UE5 with 3080ti OC version

Hi,

I had/have problems with my gigabite 3080ti gaming OC edition. I'm using Unreal Engine 5 for developing and that's crashing my graphics drivers from time to time (I don't know why). The card is performing well in 3D-Mark an various games and even in UE5 I got exellent performance, until all screens suddenly go black and the graphics card is putting all fans to 100%.

The whole PC is than running normally except for the graphics card. That means even though I can't see anything, music is still playing and with a single press on the power button the computer is shutting down regularly.

The big deal about this: When that happened 3 times in the first weeks. My card was broken and I had to send it back for warranty, because after the last incident the pc couldn't be turned on again. I tried to "let it cool down" but that didn't made any difference. Just a "click" from the power supply when I pressed the power button to turn it on again.

How I am sure that it was the graphics card? -> without the graphics card it booted normally (on core intern graphics (intel)). Even with an old GTX980 everything worked fine.

After 5 weeks of repair the card came back to me. I thought it maybe ran too hot and adjusted the fan curve with "MSI Afterburner". I started UE5 and looked at MSI Afterburner and the temperature was always around 64°C (/147,2 °F if google calculates right) Than it happened again: All screens black. Now I'm a little scared to test more and search for the reason. I don't want a broken card again. Any ideas? Is there somebody with the same problem?

Additional information:
The card is boosting very high consistently when using unreal engine 5. MSI Afterburner is showing a constant core clock of 2025mhz and a constant memory clock of 9000mhz.

-------------My rig--------------
CPU        - intel 12600k
RAM       - 64GB DDR5 corsair

Storage - C:\ is a Samsung 980 PRO

GPU      - Gigabite 3080ti OC  (12GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC Activ PCIe 4.0 x16)
MB        - ROG STRIX Z690-I Gaming WIFI
PSU      -SFX 750Watt Corsair  "SF750" (I have a watt-meter measuring the drawn power from the grid and it seems to be no more than 430 - 444watts at any given moment (for the whole pc)) .

The "feedback" from the warranty guys was: "We found nothing, card worked". But the card was definitely not working when I send it in (tested that over a few days, hoping it would recover on it's own) and it worked again when it came back. Im confused but happy about that.

Just to double check, does this behaviour happen anywhere other than UE5? I am only on a 1080 Ti, but I couldn''t for the live of me get UE5 to be even remotely stable when I tried it a few weeks ago. Best I got was maybe 5 minutes without crashing.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

UE5 is running with really sh*tty perfomance on the old GTX980, but stable . And in the company I'm working in, it's also pretty stable on all of the pcs there. (these have also 1080ti or RTX2080). So I think it's a problem with my graphics card.

Also the people on youtube upload streams, showing that working for hours without interruptions should be possible. Also nobody  had a broken card after a ue5 crash like me 😞.

EDIT: Here is what GPUZ shows while using UE5. (Im testing lower clocks using MSI Afterburner, thats why it's clock is not 2025mhz but 1965mhz in this picture.) Anything suspicious here?

GrakaGPUZ01.png