The DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD speeds of my wifi vaires from my mobile to laptop.

AVKRaja

Hello, 

I have this issue where if when i'm connected to my wifi on my laptop the download/upload speed is very low. I tried connecing with ethernet cable and still the speed was same. But, the speed on all of the other devices connected to the wifi has the same intended speed (My ISP Plan). I thought only laptops are being limited, but my brothers laptop is doing fine. I tried everything thats on youtube, tried uninstalling and installing drivers. I haven't tried reinstalling windows (clean install), but i did reset it.

PS : I installed an emulator for a while cause my phone was damaged and out of nowhere i wanted to do a speedtest on that. surprisingly the speed was ok.

I follow linustechtips and thought of trying my luck here.

A solution for this is appreciated and i want to know why this is happening too.

I attached the images of my speedtests i performed.

968288375_brotherlaptop.png.d17e15b1f3f7d4027062e6d772274ca6.png1318522305_Mobilespeed.thumb.jpg.c5226acc4d8a25d4b19e9de2d189d0a7.jpg930568860_laptopspeed.png.cb4927b90dc66d0ab1f564f7ddd8024a.png

1 hour ago, AVKRaja said:

Hello, 

I have this issue where if when i'm connected to my wifi on my laptop the download/upload speed is very low. I tried connecing with ethernet cable and still the speed was same. But, the speed on all of the other devices connected to the wifi has the same intended speed (My ISP Plan). I thought only laptops are being limited, but my brothers laptop is doing fine. I tried everything thats on youtube, tried uninstalling and installing drivers. I haven't tried reinstalling windows (clean install), but i did reset it.

PS : I installed an emulator for a while cause my phone was damaged and out of nowhere i wanted to do a speedtest on that. surprisingly the speed was ok.

I follow linustechtips and thought of trying my luck here.

A solution for this is appreciated and i want to know why this is happening too.

I attached the images of my speedtests i performed.

968288375_brotherlaptop.png.d17e15b1f3f7d4027062e6d772274ca6.png1318522305_Mobilespeed.thumb.jpg.c5226acc4d8a25d4b19e9de2d189d0a7.jpg930568860_laptopspeed.png.cb4927b90dc66d0ab1f564f7ddd8024a.png

Do you have any motherboard software, network security or game enhancement software installed?  Some will throttle the speed to "enhance gaming performance"?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

22 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Do you have any motherboard software, network security or game enhancement software installed?  Some will throttle the speed to "enhance gaming performance"?

I'm using Asus ROG GL503GE. it might have something like that.

30 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Why? why? and why haven't i thought of this? Now it is normal. seems like i have so much to learn. Thanks for the solution. The asus gamefirst app has been set to manual. I didn't remember doing it. I did reset the computer and the saves weren't set to default? This is odd. I haven't though of this. 

Thanks again!