On startup, color seems fine, then gets washed out.

spotato27

Each time my system boots up, I log in and then I have normal colors on the screen. After about 2 seconds, the color changes to be washed out. I included a before and after picture to illustrate the issue. 

I have tried updating the drivers on my GPU and multiple restarts with no luck. It doesn't seem to be the monitor but I will include all the info that I can. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: Radeon RX 5700

Monitor: ASUS VG249

I am not super knowledgeable about the rest of my system but if more information will help, let me know. Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_20220705-213317_Gallery.png

Screenshot_20220705-213322_Gallery.png

AMD have color correction tools in their control panel software, maybe the default settings are enabling some of this, worth sussing it manually and see if you can correct it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Did you install drivers for your monitor? You might be having some weird color profile that ASUS is forcing after Windows starts. I can't tell if your monitor has HDR but that might be causing it too (on the desktop).

Nice photo by the way... congrats on the wedding, assuming it's you. Children ****ing suck so get ready for that.

9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

AMD have color correction tools in their control panel software, maybe the default settings are enabling some of this, worth sussing it manually and see if you can correct it.

9 hours ago, johnt said:

Did you install drivers for your monitor? You might be having some weird color profile that ASUS is forcing after Windows starts. I can't tell if your monitor has HDR but that might be causing it too (on the desktop).

Nice photo by the way... congrats on the wedding, assuming it's you. Children ****ing suck so get ready for that.

It looks like it might be an RGB color space issue. However, it is set to "Full RGB" in the Adrenaline software. When I change from Full to Limited or any of the other options, I see almost no change. 

5 minutes ago, spotato27 said:

It looks like it might be an RGB color space issue. However, it is set to "Full RGB" in the Adrenaline software. When I change from Full to Limited or any of the other options, I see almost no change. 

If it was me, (i don't know what else you've tried) but I might download a previous driver package from a "fair few" versions ago and see if it persists on those as well.

Just spitballing the idea.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz